Office 365 Project Manager
Collaboration Domain - Office 365 Project Manager – GroupM, London
Overview of job
This role based in London (covering EMEA region) will be helping the domain lead to define the strategy to implement, configure and drive adoption for Office 365 product suite with focus on OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Teams, Video and Sway.
Primary responsibilities will include:
▪ Strategic direction support – provide support to local teams on how to use and leverage capabilities within the platform. Promote guidelines within the region and gather new requirements so they can be assessed accordingly.
▪ Leadership – Ensure all team members within the region are equipped with the support, skills and knowledge to perform to their maximum potential. This role should be a SME (Subject Matter Expert for O365) and drive adoption regionally.
▪ Project Management – Assume overall responsibility for the project management of projects in your area of responsibility.
Responsibilities (at regional level EMEA)
▪ Support domain lead as SME collaborating in product vision, strategy, and roadmap definition for Office 365
▪ Support the strategy for the migration of internal Collaboration and Productivity Tool to a Microsoft 365 environment
▪ Support the implementation of workflow and other customized functionality in a cloud Microsoft Office 365 environment
▪ Serve as a subject matter expert, interact with customers, business partners, industry analysts, and various teams.
▪ Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
▪ Develop product marketing materials, website content and user adoption / training programs
▪ Work with MSFT to ensure proper communications and adoption of product releases
▪ Define & deliver world class solutions for Microsoft Office365 and other productivity tools
▪ Collaborate with relevant functional management to gain buy in and sponsorship of the strategy
▪ Track benefits associated with the program
▪ Actively work towards ensuring all systems are user friendly, high performing, high quality, modern applications
▪ Lead by example by setting high standards for yourself and your team
▪ Source staff and consultants with the appropriate knowledge, skills, and experience to fulfil program requirements, within a timely manner
▪ Ensure a complete and thorough initiation and planning phases are performed for all projects, following company standard processes
▪ Ensure company standard processes are followed by all project team members
▪ Perform regular communication of status to all team members and stakeholders
▪ Manage and ensure resolution of all issues, including guiding project team members through decision making processes where necessary
▪ Ensure that the result of a project fulfils the agreed requirements and meets the business needs
▪ Provide management with regular reports on the status of the domain delivery regionally
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Global Collaboration and Productivity Tools Director [Sonia Garcia Mateo based in London, UK].
3 best things about the job:
- As O365 Subject Matter Expert you will have a huge exposure to key individuals and top management within EMEA region
- Change management at heart as driving change/adoptions will be one of you goals
- Role will be within Global Applications Team meaning international (across region) exposure
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Clear understanding of current O365 implementation (As-Is)
- Adoption programme definition with clear actions, roles, and responsibilities
- Start leading new projects engagement/definition within O365 scope of work
- Being perceived as SME at regional level
In six months:
- Build up business relationships so you are involved/informed in any O365 conversation. Regional Governance Model in place.
- Collaborate towards global O365 operating model strategy implementation
- Drive adoption within the region being a “change agent”; ensuring clear adoption plans are in place
- Identify and promote key areas of improvement based on business requirements
In 12 months:
- Ramp up a local team to support any O365 topic related based on demand
- O365 tools portfolio management
- Lead 2013 Sharepoint Platform migration regionally
What you will need:
- The candidate MUST have previous experience and in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Ideally experience in Azure, ADFS, and other Microsoft offerings
- Experience in Identity and Access Management and/or Security is also desirable
- Outstanding communication skills
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- MSFT certifications
- Willingness to travel internationally, 25% - 50% of the time
GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.