Account Director, Paid Search
Paid Search Account Director
Job title: Paid Search Account Director
Group: Mindshare Outcomes Paid Search Client/s: various
Reports to: Paid Search Business Director
A role exists within Mindshare Outcomes within a growing Paid Search specialist team. We are looking for an experience Paid Search Account Director who will play an instrumental role in further developing our offering by taking ownership of the ongoing client engagement, managing a team of Paid Search AMs and AEs and support the Business Director to implement the strategic vision of the account and team. In this role, you will also work closely with other sister agencies in the network, creative agencies, data teams, PR etc.
Mindshare Outcomes is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialists, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global and domestic clients. The Mindshare Outcomes Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of clients includes Marks & Spencer, TKMaxx, Unilever, Dyson, Ford, and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Programmatic, Search and Social platforms.
The candidate will report into the Paid Search Business Director. Working within the Mindshare Outcomes Paid Search team, they will be integral to cross channel knowledge sharing and contributing to channel integration across Mindshare Outcomes. The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative in setting up processes and expectations for the search team within the client hub. You will be expected to lead by example, growing the client base by upselling new services and contributing to team PR opportunities.
Key skills & knowledge:
- Exceptional project management and coordination skills, with a logical approach to problem solving
- Experience in developing and leading client relationships
- Exceptional people management skills, including support and development of at least two junior team members
- Exceptional executional Paid Search experience managing Brand & DR activity; experience in optimising and developing paid search accounts to hit performance targets is essential
- Extensive experience using the native Paid Search management platforms (Google Ads, Bing, etc.) as well as 3rd party platforms like SA360/Marin/Kenshoo and tracking solutions such as GA360, DoubleClick and Adobe Analytics
- Sponsorships and when to use them to deliver against clients’ business objectives
- Ability to support the Business Director in developing wider individual channel strategies including year planning, audience development and creative solutions in line with client’s objectives.
- Expert knowledge of measurement capabilities and evaluate and implement opportunities that are of benefit to the client and future search activity
- Working knowledge of digital attribution approaches used to optimize search campaigns
- An understanding of how Paid Search can integrate with other digital and offline channels
- Take ultimate responsibility for the output of your team, both client facing and operational
- Be the central client contact for your client portfolio, dealing at Director level and above with senior management within the client and agency organization
- Apply best practice rigor to the execution of Paid Search campaigns
- Maintain a forward thinking and innovative approach in the development of paid search activity
- Attend all important internal and external client meetings; provide outstanding levels of client service in a proactive manner
- Keep up to date with industry developments in order to offer POVs
- Become an expert in all Paid Search services offered by Mindshare
- Build a reputation as a trusted senior advisor for internal and external stakeholders
- Play an active role in pitches, and other cross agency initiatives
- Surfacing the best work within the team and promoting this internally and externally via case study submissions / award entries etc.
- Take responsibility for your team’s development and career progression within the agency
- Review the quality of team output and take appropriate action to improve delivery
- Play an active role in the recruitment and interviewing process to build strong teams
- Develop ways of working that maximize client output, whilst minimizing operational input
- Ensure briefing, planning and finance processes are strictly adhered to by the team
- Establish strong working and communication processes with all FAST and digital teams to provide guidance to facilitate exceptional integrated digital campaigns
- Understanding of the services delivered by the FAST team, and their benefits
- Increase Paid Search spends of existing client base, by proving the value of the channel
- Surface out-of-scope services to increase mindshare revenue streams
- Be commercially minded, ensuring effective management of available resources; maintain awareness of all scopes of work for your client portfolio
- Fostering a spirit of collaboration and integration with the broader team, and key partners
- Achieving clients’ performance targets; client development and innovation
- Retention and development of client portfolio profitability and growth
- Developing and retaining team
- Contributing to and owning wider Paid Search team and Mindshare Outcomes initiatives
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via [email protected].