Planning Account Manager, Neo Media World
Neo is the largest full-service digital media agency in the UK, sitting with the GroupM Worldwide team and a part of WPP.
We provide clients with comprehensive marketing services for the digital age. With a mix of intelligent media strategies, innovative technologies and creative ideas, we develop marketing concepts that cover the entire customer journey. We have expertise in display, paid social, search and affiliates as well as a very advanced analytics department.
Account Manager working alongside Social, Programmatic and PPC specialists to deliver integrated campaigns for B2B clients.
The AM will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the multi-channel media strategy for Neo’s key client Sage in UK and Ireland, in conjunction with the senior leadership team.
As a Planner and Campaign Manager, the AM will be expected to drive results with a continuous improvement mind-set. The AM will bring strategic, executional and process improvements to the client team, as well as line manage the Account Executive’s career development and day to day activities.
Account Managers (AMs) are the day-to-day focal point of the account. The AM is expected to have a complete and unquestioned understanding of their assigned clients’ media business. They are also expected to have an understanding of their client’s overall business and marketing objectives.
•The AM is steward of the media planning process and is expected to provide mid-level strategic recommendations to the senior media team and/or the client. The position is usually supported by an AE and usually reports to AD/BD/BP level.
• The AM is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the media space (including traditional media) and available media research, through a range of industry tools.
• The AM will lead on Display, Partnerships and Lead Generation execution, but will plan across channel so also needs a strong understanding of Programmatic, Paid Social and Paid Search.
• They are also expected to become proficient with Neo tools (ad serving, research, Google Tech Stack especially DCM, GA360) and procedures (both media and inter-department).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Day-to-day management of the media plan including oversight of buy recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting, in addition to:
- Develops analysis that leads to optimization recommendations
- Works with senior management and wider channel team to develop strategies and recommendations for media plans and sell into clients
- Deep understanding of client’s ad serving/tracking platform
- Meetings with clients and other agency specialists, contributing to, and noting, discussions, owning the relationship with key clients
- Ensure the client is taking advantage of the latest advancements in media
- Producing detailed, negotiated plans and production specs for client and agency partners and keeping plans up to date
- Building strong relationships with clients, ensuring deadlines and client expectations are met.
- Managing client reporting, analysis and recommendations to improve activity in line with client objectives – being clear on the detail of reports and be able to offer clear guidance on optimisation recommendations.
- The SAM should be able to assess performance across multiple channels and advise on best strategy and cross-channel optimisations.
- Managing bookings on agency system PRISMA and reconciling and forecasting client billing and fees
- Building strong relationships with media owners and increasing knowledge of the media landscape and new opportunities available.
- Coordinating and working closely with other team specialists, gaining insight around their activities and how the different strands overlay across a wider campaign.
- Confident and articulate with excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Media planning/buying experience
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Able to articulate findings from media data into implications & key take-aways that improve the clients’ performance
- Understands the concepts of reach, frequency, frequency management, lead generation, ROI and strategic consumer planning
- Experience planning & buying via DSP inventory systems also a plus
- Experience working on new business pitches
- Ability to pull together multi-channel stakeholders to work together in an integrated way to drive overall media performance success
- Experience with Google tech stack, specifically DCM and GA360 (with knowledge of DS and DBM a plus)
- Demonstrated leadership and ownership of at least 8 media plans
- Thorough knowledge of planning tools such as TGI
- Cross channel knowledge and expertise and interested in working in B2B
- Strong negotiation skills that result in measurable savings for clients
- Ability to interpret data and pull out actionable insights
- Well considered recommendations and arguments – string at story telling
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to maintain client and publisher relationships
- Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development
Foster Strong Client and Inter-Agency Relationships:
- Partner with account leads on all aspects of client service (internally within Neo, Ogilvy Group and external agencies)
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of mid to senior levels
- Stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues
- Look for opportunities to provide better client support
- Include Neo / Ogilvy senior leadership in appropriate Client meetings
- Work with Account Directors and Business Directors to help identify areas to grow client business significantly and/or develop new revenue opportunities
- Raise planning group proficiency – leadership, quality, efficiency
- Work in local & international Neo organization to develop new capabilities and initiatives
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.