Product Operations Manager, Programmatic Video
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, MindShare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
About GroupM Supply Marketplace
GroupM provides products and services to the GroupM agencies. These range from technology solutions through to training programmes. Conceptually the GroupM team exists to facilitate efficiencies in the Agencies themselves and provide thought leadership to them.
The Media Team is one of the core units in GroupM with a primary focus on the digital space. Teams within this department drive strategies, technology innovation, efficiency and new revenue across the digital environment working closely with the different Agency teams. The core aim is to allow agencies to have their individual USPs whilst using the size and buying power of the combined group to drive more cost effective and better managed deals.
The Media Team is an extension of trading. It services the media needs of trading companies like Xaxis, Amobee/ Finecast and Programmatic Services. This group use the size and reach of the trading desks buys to negotiate the best terms with all media partners (publishers) to drive media strategy for each unit (and the advertisers they service). This is across video, display, native, and includes executional practise via programmatic guaranteed.
The Role Objectives
The Product Operations Manager is a key member of the GroupM Media Video Operations team, working closely with Trading, Finecast, Amobee and Freewheel. The right person will provide product, data and tech operational support to our direct broadcaster and digital publisher relationships as well as key technology partners.
The role supports and interlinks into multiple functions in the media team and GroupM buying units across business development, trading, analyst and commercial operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within digital broadcasting and/or the programmatic space, managing key integrations in a product and technical operations capacity. They will have experience of both supply and demand side operations and a deep understanding of both operational and technical needs.
The individual will have a strong understanding of the market, both commercially and technically; with the ability to explain the various companies that operate in the space from SSPs to Ad exchanges, DSPs and Ad Networks.
The right team member will have a positive, collaborative attitude, be able to make informed decisions and build strong relationships across teams to deliver results.
- Be the primary product expert across GroupM programmatic technology partners including, but not limited to, Amobee, Finecast and Freewheel
- The expert and main point of contact to broadcaster, publisher, technology and data partners for day to day product and integration queries and support needs
- Support delivery and management of commercial product and project objectives
- Contribute to strategic conversations across internal buying units and external publisher and technology partnerships
- Troubleshoot technical integrations with publishers across pre-roll video integrations
- Project Management – aid product development roadmaps both internally and externally
- Lead the operational setup of key broadcaster and publisher partners in our technical systems (SSP, booking systems, database)
- Provide cross team, technical and analytical support to enrich Group M’s partnerships with media owners, driving a competitive advantage in the video marketplace through superior products and performance
- Collaborate with senior-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Work closely with internal sales, product, account management and analytics teams
- Partner with internal and external product and engineering teams to drive objectives
- Support internal buying teams with delivery of all product, data and technology solutions and strategy
- Attend internal and external management meetings to help drive commercial and product strategy set by executive-level
- Assist in hands-on support for general team deliverables as required by the business
- Effectively report upwards to the Operations Director, Head of Video Operations and key stakeholders within the company as appropriate
- In conjunction with the Operations Director and Head of Video Operations identify and facilitate knowledge sharing, training, best practice and process across the wider Video Team and Finecast Operations, Client Services and Engagement teams as required
Experience, Skills and Behaviours
- Experience with broadcasters and the video landscape
- Deep understanding and experience of video SSPs, DSPs, adservers and the wider programmatic landscape
- Technically focussed (VAST, VPAID, HTML5, MRAID across Desktop, Mobile and Connected TV)
- Strong product and project management skills
- Ability to communicate complex product/tech language simply and concisely
- Highly organised, including strong time-management
- Strong inter-personal skills – must operate with an “open door” attitude
- Highly analytical and numerate
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Thorough approach to solving problems
- Resilient and energetic
- Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
- Dedicated to attaining team and personal goals
- Highly competent excel skills
- Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set
- Proven track record in establishing high levels of customer satisfaction
- A highly proactive approach
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.