Java Software Engineer
[m]PLATFORM is an advanced technology suite of flexible media planning applications, data analytics and digital services. The platform will improve advertisers’ ability to use audience-defining insights from hundreds of data sources to find and communicate with their consumers across all media.
[m]PLATFORM makes it possible for media planners at GroupM agencies to use the most detailed consumer data to achieve results for their clients. It is supported by a team of data scientists, technologists and digital practitioners from across GroupM specialist companies.
We are seeking an experienced Java Engineer to join our organization. The [m]PLATFORM technology stack is comprised of a mix of proprietary and licensed components which powers our data collection, audience generation, targeting and optimization efforts globally, creating efficiency, effectiveness and consistency across GroupM agencies.
You will be part of a dynamic team of engineers who are developing cutting edge technology fueling a real-time data management platform. the platform processes billions of events per day.
Using latest technologies allows us to deliver highly scalable, efficient and robust solutions and gives you the opportunity to apply your solutions at global scale. As an experienced developer, you’re directly interacting with product management, other engineering teams and are responsible to design, implement and deliver the right enterprise class APIs and services for both internal and external facing consumers.
We want someone with the right temperament to manage the ambiguity that comes in our business and the passion to design, implement and rollout innovative software solutions in our global business environment. You will be expected to:
- Collaborate with the product owner, technical lead, UX team, and other developers to design, prototype and develop enterprise class RESTful APIs.
- Build APIs that are scalable, well documented and are a joy to use for your peers and for our client teams.
- Maintain existing code and make improvements to increase maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Support software rollouts in production.
- Support, debug and fix issues on production systems as 2nd level support.
- Constantly improve code quality and test coverage.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in the Java/J2EE space.
- Experience building RESTful API services using industry standard web security practices.
- Experience working with the Spring framework (Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Web services, Spring Rest, Spring Boot etc.)
- Experience with SQL Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Experience in using ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, mocking tools (Junit, Mockito etc.)
- Passion for writing well composed, testable code with a focus on readability and maintainability.
- Experience with open source build/deployment tools like Maven, Jenkins etc. is a plus.
- Data modeling experience is a plus.
- Docker experience a definite plus