Research Project Executive: Wavemaker Global
Wavemaker is a next-generation media, content and technology agency. Our goal is simple: to create growth and a prosperous future for our clients. Our method is unique: we use our unrivalled purchase-journey data to uncover problems and opportunities for your brand, and turn both into growth with our leading-edge media, content and technology solutions.
We have one obsession - purchase journeys: understanding how and why consumers make decisions about the brands and services they buy, and the influence of different touchpoints on those decisions.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a research project executive to join the London-based team responsible for the day-to-day development and management of WM Momentum, our flagship research approach for understanding the purchase journey.
Wavemaker’s global Momentum strategy team is a small, close-knit team based in Wavemaker’s London office. The team works hand-in-glove with the global Momentum operations team based in our Warsaw office.
The role involves supporting our local teams in finding the right research approach and screening criteria; advising on questionnaire structure and content; providing data and data outputs to the local markets; support and help with data queries; and managing summaries of WM Momentum studies.
The candidate must have a solid research background, particularly in online quantitative research, in the following areas:
- Writing and reviewing questionnaires.
- Understanding and writing screening & routing instructions.
- Checking quotas against project specification
- Running multi-national research studies simultaneously.
- Writing tab specs and checking data tables
We are looking for someone who understands and enjoys research, who is genuinely interested in making sense of consumer behaviour. They must enjoy managing projects, people, timelines and expectations(!) – both within the team, local markets and our panel provider.
This person must be highly numerate and completely at ease manipulating and making sense of raw data in Excel.
What will the job involve?
The research project executive will report to the team’s consumer insight manager, and be responsible for managing the daily process of our WM Momentum studies for clients and Wavemaker teams around the world.
This person will need to work with our research partner to advise local offices on the practicalities of running quantitative research, and manage the process that follows. It’s therefore important that this person also develops and maintains strong relationships both within Wavemaker and with our panel-provider partner to get the most out of WM Momentum.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Handling research requests from local markets, working with our research partner to agree costs and feasibility for studies
• Overseeing each step of the WM Momentum process, to ensure no steps are missed and no queries are left unanswered (e.g. confirming questionnaire content (routing, screening), desktop research to help develop questionnaires, incorporating local-market requests into the questionnaire, working with survey-scripters, testing links, and creating data maps).
• Monitoring the progress of projects and helping prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are always met.
The following will be essential for the right candidate:
• Extensive experience of working on multi-country online quantitative research studies – from feasibility, to link-testing, through to data delivery.
• Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with/understanding of respondent tags and IDs on panellists.
• An obsessive eye for detail.
• Comfortable communicating clearly and tactfully with people at every level of an organisation around the world.
• Someone with a positive, can-do attitude who deals with pressure and tight deadlines with calm, good humour.
• Good at working independently and as part of a close-knit team.
• Very proficient in Excel.
• Good at problem-solving - thinking up alternative solutions or more suitable approaches when the usual is not appropriate.
• Able to express themselves fluently and engagingly in spoken and written English.
The following would be beneficial for the role:
• Experience of working with programmatic advertising and audience profiling within DMPs.
• Additional languages spoken.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.