Journey Activation Manager (Display & Social)
The Journey Activation Manager for Display & Social is responsible for the flawless delivery of Display and Social activity for Compare the Market. Your core focus will be to continuously deliver value for your clients by planning and executing best in class campaigns; working with media owners to help your clients to be the first to trial new formats and features; and create and deliver gold standard optimisation and delivery plans.
Key areas of responsibility:
Working with the Journey Activation Director and Precision Lead to produce and present gold standard strategy and rationales, media plans, projections, and results to clients.
Helping the Journey Activation Director and Precision Lead to leverage key media owner relationships and client data insights to produce work which drives tangible business results for our clients.
Testing plans and innovation will be key to this role. You will work with the Journey Activation Director, the team Group Data Director and media owners (e.g. Xaxis, Google, Facebook etc.) to create and deliver ongoing robust testing plans.
- You will work with your Journey Activation Director and Precision Lead to produce and present strategy and rationales, media plans, projections, and results to clients.
- You will be responsible for liaising with the appropriate clients with regards to: programmatic performance, optimisation plans, testing schedules, competitor analysis and industry news
- Working with the Performance Lead you will present at monthly and quarterly business reviews
- You will need to develop and demonstrate an in depth knowledge of your client’s industry sector and their competitors
- Help your Journey Activation Director and Precision Lead leverage key media owner relationships and client data insights to produce work which drives tangible business results for our clients.
- Work with client team, specialist leads and peers to establish best practice in all channels
- Use Compare the Market’s DMP to inform, enhance and personalise all digital media channels
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google, and other external agencies on your clients businesses
- Actively seek out new trends, industry news/updates and product launches
- Testing plans and innovation will be a key component of this role. You will work with your Journey Activation Director, the team Group Data Director and media owners (e.g. Xaxis, Google, Facebook etc.) to create and deliver ongoing robust testing plans.
- You will be required to provide KPI projections, benchmarks and forecasts for your channels in response to client briefs
- You will work with the Journey Activation Director and Executive to ensure every campaign has an insight-driven, clear and achievable 30/60/90 day optimisation schedule. It will be imperative that the client is aware of this plan and the outcomes it will deliver
- You will need a good working knowledge of key industry planning tools and platforms (Comscore, Hitwise, Google Insight tools) to enable you to build robust plans and rationale documents that justify your media selections
- Ensure all campaigns are booked onto the system correctly, reconciled within the monthly window, that financial queries are addressed in a timely manner and that Wavemaker financial processes are followed correctly
- Work closely with Trading & Barter teams to identify new opportunities to help meet commercial objectives for your clients and Wavemaker and ensure that all your plans and that of your team are shared with them prior to being shown to clients
- If working on an audited client, ensure you understand the process and methodology for benchmarking and work with your manager to collate and deliver all relevant data sets as per agreed deadlines
- Team Management
- Lead and line manage your executive(s)
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive(s) with support from your Specialist Lead
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your executive(s), ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Review, provide feedback and set objectives for your executive(s) in line with Wavemaker processes
- Founded in 2006 and part of the BGL Group, Compare the Market are the UK’s number one Price Comparison Website and one of the UK’s most regognisable brands thanks to The Meerkats.
- It’s an exciting and crucial time for Compare the Market as they look to dominate the Price Comparison sector with a host of new developments in play.
- Compare the Market invest >£100m p/a across brand building and performance driving activity designed to get more customers into the Compare the Market ecosystem where they can experience more rewards and service based propositions and save themselves more money. One of their flagship media properties is their ongoing sponsorship of Coronation Street.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.