GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies MediaCom, Wavemaker, MindShare and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of its media agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
Our vision within the IT operations area is to ensure that valuable operational services created by our groups talent and technology investment that allow agencies to operate commercially, easily and openly to drive success for clients.
About the Role
The Service Analyst is responsible for supporting the operational systems and processes underpinning GroupM UK’s Operations.
As an internal business function, the Operations Team provides support to all GroupM agencies’ staff; utilising a wide range of proprietary and third-party tools and applications that include booking, billing and payments services. We work with a range of people across the business to support the agencies with their hundreds of client’s activity and thousands of media plans each year to drive success for their clients.
- To have a good understanding of the multiple systems the team support.
- Provide support for the business on operational changes to systems.
- Application Incident Management, managing service queues within SLA.
- Troubleshoot effectively, including detailed investigation and analysis, any technical and financial issues.
- Provide service as quickly as possible to minimise any impact on business operations, ensuring that the best levels of service, quality and availability are maintained.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to analyse and resolve issues.
- Escalate application incident issues accordingly to ensure priority items that cause service disruption are investigated, communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Escalate to the Operations Support Manager for any issues that are either not diagnosable or not resolvable by support team.
- Work closely and support the finance dept. to help address any booking/financial queries.
- Attend regular meetings with agencies to ensure operational requests are managed.
- Build strong partnerships with the agencies’ media, technology teams, and finance teams at GroupM and within the agencies.
- Drive operational excellence across all agencies to ensure campaigns are executed on time, within financial policies and within operational SLAs.
- Use provided monitoring tools to ensure data integrity between GroupM systems.
- Support the wider technology team with projects, providing subject matter expert knowledge, ensuring smooth handover to business as usual operations and supporting business adoption.
- Look for opportunities to improve request management, process improvements and automation.
- Media/ finance industry experience preferable.
- Experience of troubleshooting over the phone/ email or on a ticketing system.
- Customer Service experience, speaking to people of all levels.
- Confident in using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, familiarity with Dynamics preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work outside normal office hours as required.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking - ability to interpret and manipulate data in a logical manner.
- Ability to clearly present and explain information, to non-financial or non-technical staff members.
- SQL Administrator experience/ knowledge preferable
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.