Media Business Development Executive
Overview of job
The Business Development and Marketing team is integral to the growth of our business. As such, it is fast paced, challenging and offers people the chance to experience all facets of MediaCom.
Integrating with a cross section of divisions and working with people at all levels means that we have an in-depth knowledge of how we can utilise our expertise in marketing ourselves and raising our profile.
It is our responsibility to manage the business development process effectively, to market MediaCom to clients, prospects, journalists and the wider industry. It is our role to promote MediaCom as the thought leader in the media industry.
The team plans and implements all MediaCom’s internal and external communication activities, with the objective to strengthen the agency and to maximise new business growth opportunities.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director.
3 best things about the job:
- The team, we’re a supportive, welcoming and fun team who all get on and take an interest in each other’s lives, we also seem to have a never-ending supply of snacks!
- Working with some of the best brains in the industry daily, and forming relationships with people across the agency, it really makes it a great place to come in to work every day.
- The company, you will realise pretty quickly how supportive it is, from the perks, to treating each other with respect and as friends, how progressive it is in terms of mental health, diversity and inclusion.
- Manage department specific pitches, and support on larger pitches, from RFI stage through to pitch meetings and post pitch, including timing plan creation, design briefing, working with specialists around the agency to write content, keeping all workstreams on track and ensuring all deliverables meet deadlines.
- Completing RFI’s and keeping an up to date library of regularly requested information.
- Working with the team to deliver the prospecting plan for 2020, this can include compiling background briefing packs, researching events, devising contact strategies, working with MediaCom industry leaders to write content.
- Working with the central Business Development team to maintain a central content hub (Microsoft Teams). Ensuring all credentials, case studies, standard text and pitch collateral are up to date and easily accessible to the agency.
- Weekly status reports on projects for the new business team, and pitch teams if relevant.
- Being a central point of contact within the team for our regional offices and the wider MediaCom business.
- Help develop and maintain relationships with intermediary and associations, developing content to drive appropriate engagement with them across the agency.
- General ad hoc admin duties for example managing all pitch logistics, status reports, run requests for senior management/global.
What you will need:
- New Business, Marketing, and/or Media Agency experience
- Excellent project co-ordination, making sure deadlines are clearly communicated and met
- Team motivator and player
- Near-perfect attention to detail and organisation skills
- Earn the respect of your peers – be approachable, helpful and easy to work with
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Adaptable and flexible, and calm under pressure
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.