The SEM Manager is responsible for developing and delivering a range of Performance marketing services across the business, supporting the HoD in developing Mindshare’s Performance marketing product, creating performance marketing strategies, delivering SEM (good knowledge of main services required) campaigns and reporting and analysis. The Performance manager is also responsible for championing performance marketing within the agency and the industry.
· Manage and launch marketing programs, projects and new channels in SEM (including but not limited to: keyword expansion, account restructure/clean up, ad-copy optimization, performance analysis, and bid management)
· Lead on big clients' SEM campaigns set-up, launch, optimization, and reports
· Develop and execute Google and YouTube campaigns to meet and exceed revenue and traffic goals
· Be knowledgeable with data and leverage analytics tools and resources (Marin, Omniture, Google Analytics) to understand and optimize the performance of marketing campaigns
· Work closely with the Analytics team to tag campaigns so the data is pulled correctly and later audit the numbers.
· Test Google Beta products and provide best practices
· Educate internal and external audiences on SEM discipline and trends via the agency and/or cross-department meetings, client meetings, etc
· Take initiative to help formulate strategies/plans around future online marketing programs and opportunities
· Develop and maintain client relationships; attend, present and provide counsel at all significant agency-client media meetings.
· Liaise & confer with outside creative advertising agencies and marketing teams to establish media goals, objectives and strategies and provide leadership when necessary in developing, negotiating and implementing creative media solutions
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of experience in search marketing managing large keyword volume (millions) and spend budget ($millions)
· Competent quantitative and analytical skills, comfortable with large data sets.
· Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
· Deep knowledge of SEM tracking and measurement strategies and tactics from implementation to reporting
· Previous experience in managing multiple clients across different verticals, retail, e-commerce or local online marketing campaigns.
· Experience working with 3rd party bid management solutions and agencies (Marin, Google Adwords
· Experience in successfully executing new marketing programs
· Self-directed, proactive and able to define and execute projects independently
· Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work effectively in fast-paced environments
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively across departments and teams
· Demonstrated understanding of web analytics, KPI’s and strong expertise with Microsoft Excel
· Comfortable working on and collaborating with a medium-sized team in-person and offshore with clients and team as well