Programmatic Account Manager - Manchester
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the world’s fastest-growing media planning & buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market-leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at EA, News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has one key ambition: to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
We are Energetic, Pioneering and Honest. These are specific to us, and reflect the culture of the agency and significantly the behaviours we seek out day to day within the business. We want to encourage individual Energy to all projects, to be Pioneering within our industry, and regularly receive Honest, and clear feedback.
The Programmatic Account Manager will be responsible for the delivery all programmatic planning and campaign management, with the support of senior and junior members of the team working closely to create innovative solutions to answer client challenges. The role requires the ability to be forward thinking and deliver award-winning digital activity to help us improve performance and grow digital spend.
There’s a natural desire to scale programmatic campaigns to a level of sophistication that delivers on both reach, awareness and drive CPAs. They are familiar with and have experience of programmatic tools, campaign delivery and participate actively in programmatic discussions with clients and internal teams, whilst also having proven knowledge and experience in Programmatic planning and DSP implementation.
The Programmatic Account Manager is the pivotal person within the programmatic team structure. They are the owners of campaign delivery, and ensure activity hits and surpasses performance expectations. As the team members closest to the detail, they will be expected to communicate performance trends to the Programmatic Director and Head of, whilst also explaining and delegating responsibilities to the other members of the team. The Programmatic Account Manager role will lead on the booking and reconciling of campaigns, under the support of the Programmatic Director.
Implementation is key to this role, and an understanding of the channel is imperative in order to be able to translate the direction of the programmatic strategy from the Account Director. The AM needs to be able turn this into an activation plan either with preferred suppliers or within the chosen DSP. This also expands into technology outside of activation including trafficking and measurement.
As the team member with the most exposure to the different levels of the team, there is a responsibility to improve their own digital knowledge whilst also contributing to regular knowledge sharing sessions. As such they develop and maintain strong working relationships with technology partners and seek first-to-market opportunities across the competitive landscape.
Reporting into: Programmatic Director
Core Competencies and skills required
- History of activating campaigns across a range of channels, including display and video
- Strong understanding of multiple demand side platforms and experience of activation within the platforms
- Can traffic campaigns within ad servers, and understand analytics platforms
- Able to contribute and lead client meetings, including weekly reporting calls
- Ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders across m/SIX and The & Partnership
- Able to translate briefs from the planning team into activation plans
- Experience of working with a community of planners and has a grasp of the planning process
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy across day to day tasks
- Carry out finance acumen duties across relevant clients
- Strong project management skills and an efficient working style
- Being an energetic, pioneering, and honest person who leads by example
What Success Looks Like:
- Consistent delivery and hitting/surpassing targets and KPIs
- Full accreditation across Google and Amazon platforms
- Involvement in award winning work
- Positive client reference scores
- Growth of client investment within the programmatic channel
Who are you?
- An excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- You will be passionate about all things digital
- You will have strong commercial acumen
- You will be someone who is proactive and inquisitive
- You will be analytically and numerically minded
- You be super organised with excellent attention to detail
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.