Global Strategy Lead - Sony PlayStation
GLOBAL STRATEGY LEAD - Sony PlayStation
Role can be based in London or New York
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), also known as PlayStation, is one of the largest and most successful teams in MediaCom and across the GroupM network.
There are over 300 people working on the account in 50+ countries across Americas & EMEA.
2018 was the most successful year ever in PlayStation’s history thanks to the launch of many hardware, software and service product offers, and 2020 promises excitement – offering you a key role in driving the launch of the PlayStation 5!
As well as supporting many of their owned properties, PlayStation also partner with some of the world’s biggest gaming & entertainment brands such as Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty and FIFA.
This is a brand new role, designed to oversee the strategic direction of this iconic brand in 2020 and beyond.
Working within the global media team, the core focus is on developing communication strategies and guidelines for the SIE business overall and for pivotal product launches across three divisions - hardware, software and services. Each division will have a strategy lead of its own, this role is to set the direction and approach for the account as a whole.
Recognising and respecting that sales/ROI should not be delivered at the expense of brand reputation, defining the right balance of brand vs ecommerce and equity versus sales is an important role for 2020.
The ability to identify consumer profiles at a granular level and understand their specific play behaviours is tried and tested amongst existing gamers but bringing new audiences into the brand (and category) in established and emerging markets will be critical to success. Understanding the inter-relationship between brand desire and sales performance will be key.
Always data informed, you will develop comms frameworks and define content needs leading the clients, MediaCom markets and partner agencies in a transformative approach to drive growth for PlayStation and protect against new competitors entering the sector.
- Responsible for developing global, data-informed understanding of brand dynamics and consumer behaviour to establish media key beliefs for PlayStation
- Be a key global point of contact for the SIE Marketing and Media teams globally in London and San Mateo
- Define a KPI framework that meets the needs of long-term (brand) and short-term (sales) objectives
- Understand and embrace the SIE tech and data landscape, especially first party audiences
- Use appropriate analysis to set comms budgets by initiative and my cluster / market to best meet SIE business objectives.
- Apply System Thinking (MediaCom’s proprietary approach and tool set) to SIE for mutual benefit
To be successful you’ll
- create ground-breaking, best in class global strategies and cross-media campaign solutions
- interface with the other specialist functions across the wider local, regional and global teams
- drive your client’s business metrics forward
- deliver innovative, award winning work for your client
- deliver strategy guidelines for hub and markets
- advance our data-driven planning process and product
- act as strategy consultant to your clients
- view the communications and media landscape as an integrated and connected system
- Produce campaign strategies appropriate to client budget and ensure on time delivery utilising partnership and tech solutions
- deliver robust annual and campaign planning processes
- select the appropriate tools to drive accountability, efficiency and actionable insight
- grow strategy and planning best-practice across all agency teams enhancing digital campaign performance
- work with local agency teams and digital execution hubs to deliver integrated multi-channel solutions
- that achieve overall client objectives and business KPIs
- be fully conversant with media and able to think across the whole media mix
- have broad cross-channel digital and partnerships/affiliate knowledge
- be an active ambassador in the sports, fitness and lifestyle space
- prove you are a confident interpreter of data and insight
- evidence how you have used tech and data to inform digital strategies that advance client performance
- demonstrate your tech/ad ops knowledge and compliance
- be an industry and digital provocateur
- have gravitas and credibility to influence your client
- have proven senior stakeholder management skills
- be a visionary and disruptive thinker; be unique
- be a strong communicator – English is our global business language
- Build a network and community of high performing strategist across local markets and hub, sharing and reapplying best practice
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently. But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.