Account Manager, BP
Job title: Account Manager, BP
Group: Client Leadership
Reports to: Partner
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A get your hands dirty, channel planner role. Working side by side with the team’s strategy and planning leads you’ll be expected to deliver sound recommendations for senior at an Oil and Energy Company. This client’s business is going through a digital and data transformation and you’ll be right at the heart of the action working with their B2B, Retail, B2C product offerings and innovative technology/alternative energy teams.
You’ll be asked to support the strategy and planning leads working on regional media plan development, local market strategies, opportunities for new technologies to be utilized and the sharing of best practice across markets.
What does success look like?
Internal Success: Process, structure, organization across the various buying teams to implement sound campaigns.
External Success: Ability to deliver on clients’ needs for regional media plan development, support of new technologies, local market coordination and development of case studies.
- Evaluate briefs from clients and ask questions relevant to media.
- Media strategy development, KPI setting, partner evaluation, plan recommendation, buying management and reporting.
- Media owner engagement and management.
- Work with and manage agency specialists on the execution of media buys, including the use of marketing technology partners (i.e. brand safety like IAS, DV, etc), to deliver plans.
- Writing on media owner point of view documents and sharing them with clients.
- Support the client’s digital transformation of their media buying.
- Learning and usage of new marketing technology to improve plans and buying results (i.e. programmatic buying techniques).
- Delivery of post campaign analysis to clients, including reports and evaluation of what could be done to improve buys in the future.
- Build case studies and share best practice with local market teams and clients.
- Participate in planning workshops to develop plans supporting client briefs.
- Day to day contact with other agency partners (creative and media) on projects.
- Introduction of new media opportunities as they come up.
- Local market coordination, reporting and plan support.
- Account admin; budgeting, billing, invoice reconciliation, reporting and other responsibilities pertaining to the team’s needs.
- Learning, we expect you to come to the team with an open mind and continue to build your abilities as a media professional.
- Significant experience within an agency holding roles of digital media planning/buying/performance analysis.
- Proven ability to interpret a brief and ask clients questions.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- UK market planning and buying experience. (EU Regional management experience a plus)
- Ability to brief a buying team on the overall strategy and what they need to deliver within the total success of the plan.
- Ability to communicate with internal teams and media partners what success looks like on a plan.
- Can think creatively within media on plan development.
- Can run reports using platform tools (i.e. AdWords or Sizmek plan manager)
- Client communication capabilities.
- Strong written, presentation and verbal skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work “to do” list.
- Can deliver on time to meet deadlines.
- Organized, accurate and reliable administration, with high attention to detail.
- Positive, can do attitude.
This candidate will report to the WPP Team Energy Media Strategy Planning Business Director and Planning Account Director.
What is Team Energy?
Team Energy is a WPP, full service, solution for BP and Castrol globally. What does agency agnostic mean, it means that BP and Castrol have the opportunity to work with any WPP creative agency they see fit for purpose based on the brief issued. Meaning this model is project based and teams can change across business units or individual projects. Within this model Mindshare and GroupM act as the spine, pulling all the work together across all business units. Globally Mindshare and GroupM buy all traditional/digital media, this allows the media agency to be an integral part of the strategic process with the client. Placing media at the heart of everything BP & Castrol do.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.