Technology Operations Lead - 12 Month FTC
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, MindShare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
About the team
Business Partnering is a newly created team in GroupM. Its remit is to act as a liaison between the business and IT for strategic development, ensuring that the business is engaged effectively and that IT has a strong insight into the business’ priorities. This involves working with the business to scope out and prioritise the work required, effectively roll-out change and monitor/manage/drive the benefits expected from the various IT initiatives.The WPP enterprise has also been undergoing a global transformation of its ‘Commodity IT’ services with out-sourcing to IBM and Xerox as key service partners. This is managed by the WPP Coretech function but a number of tasks and duties fall outside the scope of Coretech, IBM and the original Business Partnering role. Business Partnering propose to accommodate this gap with a local IT management resource, to be supported by administrative assistants. The role will be responsible for bridging the gap between Coretech (and associated service partners) the Business Partnering strategic development function and the GroupM operating companies (OpCo) in the UK and Ireland.
The Role ObjectiveThe ‘Technology Operations Lead’ role is primarily responsible for the procurement, management and disposal of IT assets in an efficient and compliant manner. Efficient asset management will provide significant savings from our £1m+ annual spend.
- Oversee procurement of laptops, desktops, monitors, mobile phones and other peripherals for all GroupM Operating Companies.
- Work with OpCo's and IBM to identify appropriate requirements in line with GroupM and WPP standards.
- Request and manage quotes from approved suppliers.
- Place orders with suppliers once a purchase order has been raised and approved.
- Ensure purchase orders are raised for ALL IT expenditure.
- Manage IT assets across GroupM UK in conjunction with IBM and other partners.
- Formulate a monthly stock count in conjunction with IBM.
- Ensure most efficient use of IT assets and that equipment is re-used appropriately as part of the joiner / leaver process.
- Oversee disposal of IT assets in line with GroupM / WPP standards.
- Implement and oversee IT asset management system.
- Oversee mobile telephony requirements with Vodafone.
- Run small projects to enable improvement of UK Technology Operations
- Ensure IT operations meet WPP’s Global Computing Controls (GCC’s).
- Assist the Technology Operations Manager as required including acting as delegate when unavailable / on leave.
Skills and Behaviours
- A solid understanding of ‘Commodity/Classic IT’ services – desktop, infrastructure, etc.
- Exceptional communication and engagement skills, both written and verbal
- Strong translator of tech speak to business speak
- Ability to operate effectively at all levels in an organization
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere and explore alternate approaches
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Natural problem solver with ‘root cause’ identification skills
- A natural team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases
- Experience of IT procurement in a multi-site, multi-vendor environment.
- Familiarity with ITIL (preferably certified).
- Good knowledge of IT operations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.