Account Director, Paid Search
Paid Search Account Director
Job title: Paid Search Account Director
Group: FAST Worldwide Paid Search
Reports to: Partner, Search and Social
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Being a global team, the Mindshare Worldwide FAST Paid Search team offer two types of service to our clients, Execution and Governance. Execution services involve the day to day campaign management of our clients accounts, whereas the Governance aspect is a consultancy service to ensure global strategies are applied and campaigns are executed in line with best practice within our local teams.
The Governance team is growing rapidly, so we are looking for a highly organised Paid Search specialist to join us drive performance on the global FMCG client, Unilever.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate in order to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Social channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain two individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Mindshare Key Values:
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify and action innovative opportunities to optimize client performance in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your client’s and client leadership team’s trust and confidence by guiding them through Search best practices actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns.
- PROVOCATION: The ideal candidate should curious and courageous pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance, as well as take entrepreneurial calculated risks to act on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business.
Working within the Paid Search team they will be responsible for the delivery of global Paid Search strategies, ensuring local markets execute campaigns in line with global best practice principles, whilst implementing best in class optimisation. The role requires someone with excellent Paid Search knowledge combined with strong organisational and communication skills, as you will need to be able to monitor updates and changes in performance across multiple markets, plus communicate to senior stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative to manage the three core areas of this workstream: Strategy rollout, Governance and Communication, plus Team Management.
- Build strong relationships with Paid Search teams in local Mindshare offices around the world
- Lead calls to communicate global strategies to local markets, both Mindshare and client
- Be an escalation point for any market challenges in terms of strategy adoption
- Ensure markets are deploying campaigns in line with strategic guidance
- Proactively update the clients on strategy adoption and challenges
- Lead the best practice rollout, ensuring market executional excellence is aligned globally
- Identify gaps in terms of local budget allocation and resource issues
- Oversee the development of playbooks on core optimisation techniques and features, and monitor their adoption in market
- Share local Mindshare markets case studies with clients, turning into award entries where possible
- Audit bid management technology, ensuring the best solution is in place and implemented globally
- Oversee and lead the local implementation of a defined global naming convention
- Uncover any local market challenges that could prevent the local teams from success
- Utilise Mindshare and other group software and tools to the best of their capability, to monitor in real time and ensure best in class activation across the network at all times
- Lead presentations and conference calls plus face to face meetings with key central stakeholders
- Attend all important internal and external client search meetings to present, train and provide outstanding levels of client service in a proactive manner
- Have regular communication with local Mindshare teams, building a strong working relationship
- Ensure the team have full knowledge and understanding of each market in their live activity, constraints and progress
- Be the central client contact for your client portfolio
- Develop and lead the relationship with Unilever Brand Managers and all applicable stakeholders <li style="font-family: serif; font-size: 10pt;
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.