Programmatic Account Director
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agencies, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but our joint venture with WPP means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
The Programmatic Account Director will be responsible for leading on programmatic planning and campaign management within the team. There’s a natural desire to scale programmatic campaigns to a level of sophistication that uses the wealth of experience you have within the programmatic industry. You will be an expert across a wider ranging number of programmatic tools and campaign delivery. You will lead on programmatic discussions with clients and internal teams, all whilst having best in class knowledge and experience in programmatic planning and DSP implementation.
The Programmatic Account Director is expected to strategically lead their account and liaise with senior stakeholders internally, clients and technology providers, to ensure that all parties operate efficiently and integrate with one another.
Supporting the Digital Performance Lead, the Programmatic Account Director will provide an example to the junior members of the team supporting their development and training. This will include Identifying objectives for the team to grow and delegating roles and responsibilities to further mature the team and their personal leadership skills.
Account Directors are often the heartbeat of the agency and as such they should mirror the ambitions of m/SIX. On an ad hoc basis the Programmatic Account director may be required to support and create content for new business pitches, and other agency specific collateral.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike many competitors with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. This is reflected in our campaigns which feature a real ‘TalkTalk family’ – showcasing ‘real people/ real lives’.
We help TalkTalk invest over £70m annually in media across all brand and performance channels. With an integrated team, rich in data and analytics and working closely within an embedded team together with our creative agency The&Partnership.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Provide leadership on client-specific RTB activity
- Create/design programmatic strategy for client portfolio, ensuring strategy is clear and most appropriate to the client's objectives and KPIs
- Lead and co-ordinate team of direct reports to deliver multiple projects
- Provide final confirming on programmatic implementation decisions across the team
- Recommendation of data and tech partners and contribute to the implementation strategy and activation tactics
- Leading on media forecasting, planning, booking, and reconciling of digital campaigns
- Oversee campaign reporting, analytics & recommendations – CPA, CPM or CPC metrics, monitoring KPI targets against actuals
- Identify areas of growth opportunities (or limitations) that exists for the team and clients’ business and generates business plans for their development
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with technology partners and seek first-to-market opportunities across the competitive landscape
- Build and develop the programmatic pillars of data, strategy, operations, planning and insights
- Lead the deployment of programmatic investment, with focus on driving innovation and targeted audience activation across the agency
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key GroupM partners
- Improve the digital knowledge within the team by contributing to regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Lead the conversation with clients on technology and tracking requirements (& identify where team support is required)
Who are you?
- An individual who is passionate about digital media and the developments that programmatic is having on the industry
- The candidate has best in class experience within Display, Online Video and Programmatic, including planning
- Detailed knowledge of all programmatic transactions from automated guaranteed to the open exchange and everything in between
- Experience working with multiple technology platforms: DSPs, DMPs, verification tools, viewability, analytics etc.
- To understand the role of programmatic media within the wider marketing mix, its strategic importance throughout the customer journey and relative performance through the application of Econometrics
- Strong project management skills and an efficient working style
Where is the role based?
As TalkTalk move their operations up to the North-West we are very excited to be moving alongside them. This role will be co-located in the client’s new headquarters Soapworks, a multifaceted destination hub on Greater Manchester’s Waterfront. Working in such proximity with the client will enable us to work in smarter, more nimble ways to deliver the most innovative data-driven work. We envision that this move to the north-west will just be the start for m/SIX making their mark on the Manchester market and we are therefore looking for someone who can also help us grow our northern footprint.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.