Platform Manager - Display/Programmatic
In 2018 GroupM merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
The Platform Manager (Display/Prog) is responsible for the flawless delivery of Display* activity for BMW/MINI. Your core focus will be to continuously deliver value for your clients by planning and executing best in class campaigns; working with media owners to help your clients to be the first to trial new formats and features; and create and deliver gold standard optimisation and delivery plans.
*Digital Display classified as: Display IO & Programmatic & paid content distribution across desktop, mobile & tablet devices.
- Client Servicing:
- You will work with your Digital Director and Digital Business Director to produce and at times present strategy and rationales, media plans, projections and results to clients
- You will be responsible for liaising with the appropriate clients with regards to: paid social and display performance, optimisation plans, testing schedules, competitor analysis and industry news
- Working with the Digital Director you will present – as appropriate – at monthly and quarterly business reviews
- You will need to develop and demonstrate an in depth knowledge of your clients industry sector and their competitors
- Strategy & Planning:
- Your core role will be to translate strategy into gold standard media delivery and optimisation plans for each client
- You will work with the Digital Director and the Digital Business Director in taking client briefs and creating innovative delivery plans and rationale document that demonstrate how you will deliver quantifiable outcomes.
- You will be required to provide KPI projections, benchmarks and forecasts for your channels in response to client briefs
- You will need a good working knowledge of key industry planning tools and platforms (e.g.TGI, Comscore, Hitwise, Google Insight tools, Facebook Audience Planner) to enable you to build robust plans and rationale documents that justify your media selections
- Testing plans will be a key component of this role, you will work with your Digital Director and media owners (e.g. Xaxis, Google, Facebook etc.) to create and deliver ongoing robust testing plans
- In conjunction with your client, client team and Specialist Leads you will create case studies each quarter to be entered into annual specialist awards (e.g. Direct Marketing Awards, UK Search Awards, Drum Marketing Awards, Xaxie Awards, Media Week Awards etc.)
- Campaign Management & Performance:
- Quality control check and take full ownership of the output of your Executive/s
- Ensure every brief you receive has a clear set of measurable outcomes and that all parties (client, client teams and your specialist team) are agreed on these outcomes / KPI’s
- You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding any agreed targets
- You will work with the Digital Director and Executive to ensure every account has an insight driven clear and achievable 30/60/90 day optimisation schedule. It will be imperative that the client is aware of this plan and the outcomes it will deliver
- Each week you will review, with your specialist team, performance against targets and adjust optimisation activities accordingly
- Every month and quarter you will work with your executive and the Digital Director (and Head of Specialism if required) to review and amend the 30/60/90 day optimisation schedules for your clients which will deliver quantifiable outcomes
- It will be your responsibility to ensure timely delivery against the agreed 30/60/90 optimisation schedules
- You will need to check that your team are logging all significant actions on your account to feed into post campaign reviews and to help shape future activity
- You will regularly work with heads of Paid Social and Display to ensure your teams’ activity is audited regularly and is best in class
- Each quarter you will be required to audit the Social / Display activity of other teams within WM and feedback recommendations
- You will need to have a excellent working knowledge of industry and WM tools and systems (e.g. DFA, Google Adwords, Marin, D-Cor, D-Veri) and must ensure that your executives are using them correctly to monitor performance and conduct daily checks to confirm budget pacing is as planned and that activity is serving correctly
- You should attend and contribute to weekly client team status meetings and monthly specialist team meetings
- You will need to manage the delivery of weekly/fortnightly/monthly reports and ensure that they contain insightful commentary on performance, key optimisations and recommended next steps
- Ensure all of your accounts and your executive(s) are booked onto the system correctly, reconciled within the monthly window, that financial queries are addressed in a timely manner and that WM financial processes are followed correctly, especially in relation to SOX compliance, plan approval & PO receipt / reconciliation
- Work to overall account performance related fee targets as outlined by the Digital Business Director
- Work with the Digital Business Director and Digital Director to ensure you and your executive(s) spend the right amount of time on each client
- Develop strong negotiation skills to construct deals which maximise value both for clients and WM and help your executive(s) to build on their own skills in this area
- Work closely with Trading & Barter teams to identify new opportunities to help meet commercial objectives for your clients and WM and ensure that all your plans and that of your team are shared with them prior to being shown to clients
- Be fully aware of all WM / GroupM deal partners and priorities and have a good understanding of their individual capabilities
- If working on an audited client, ensure you understand the process and methodology for benchmarking and work with your manager to collate and deliver all relevant data sets as per agreed deadlines
- Ensure timesheets are up-to-date and accurate for yourself and your executive(s) each month
- Team Management:
- Lead and line manage your executive(s)
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive(s) with support from your Specialist Lead
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your executive(s), ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Ensure you and your executive(s) have the correct qualifications at all times (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook Blueprint etc.)
- Review, provide feedback and set objectives for your executive(s) every 6 weeks
- Innovation & Collaboration
- Help your Digital Director and Digital Business Director to leverage key media owner relationships and client data insights in order to produce work which drives tangible business results for our clients
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google, Facebook and Twitter and other external agencies on your clients businesses
- In conjunction with your Digital Director, work with key media owners such as Xaxis, Plista, Light Reaction and other WM deal partners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing, including Google, Bing, Facebook & Twitter Betas and Alpha tests to ensure your clients activity is best in class
- Work with your Digital Director to produce case studies with media owners such as AOL, Google, Facebook
- Actively seek out new trends, industry new / updates and product launches and share with wider team
- Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of display and paid social being at the core of this.
- Facebook Blueprint & Twitter Flight School
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using DCM (both trafficking and reporting) and other digital ad servers
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix & Comscore
- Proficient use of social technology such as Facebook Business Manager etc.
- Excellent knowledge of display auditing, programmatic & IO buying.
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Relevant / transferable client management experience
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.