Job Title: Insight Director
Reporting to: Global head of consumer insight/global insight partner
Location: WM Global insight team, Sea Containers, 18 Upper Ground, London SE1 8NU
Wavemaker is a billion-dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content, and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology. To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success; we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
The global insight team sits at the heart of Wavemaker’s business, working closely with internal teams and clients. We are responsible for managing two of Wavemaker’s most valuable data-sources: LIVE Panel, and WM Momentum:
- GroupM’s LIVE Panel is the world's most connected source of media and touchpoint insight. Its hub survey delivers globally consistent media and touchpoint insights for day-to-day planning, with additional layers of insights via data connections and partnerships; the data from survey feeds our planning tools globally.
- WM Momentum is Wavemaker’s proprietary research method for understanding the purchase journey - used to identify untapped opportunities to grow our clients’ brands. As the world’s largest study of purchase journeys – with over 750,000 respondents across 157 categories and 42 countries - Momentum gives us a genuinely unrivalled understanding of how and why people buy different products and services around the world
We are looking for an Insight Director to work in the global insight team in London. Their responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Acting as Wavemaker’s representative on the GroupM LIVE Panel steering group, responsible for developing the scope and content of LIVE Panel, including: questionnaire development; survey and methodology optimization; working with local Wavemaker offices to ensure representativity and adoption; development of thought-leadership projects from LIVE Panel data
- Working with Wavemaker’s product development teams to ensure that LIVE Panel data integrates with planning tools; leading the process of integrating and uploading LIVE Panel data into Wavemaker planning tools
- Working with the global Tools & Training Partner to design and develop planning tools using LIVE Panel and other data
- Working with the global data-science team to analyse Momentum survey data for thought leadership and product & analysis development
- Representing Wavemaker at industry discussions on cross-media measurement
An experienced insight or research professional working at a media, market research, or related communications agency, with extensive experience in:
- Developing, managing, and analysing multi-market online quantitative surveys
- The development of media-agency planning tools, including the integration and upload of survey data in planning tools
- Developing or working with media-measurement tools; developments in cross-media measurement
- Working with digital measurement tools/techniques (e.g. from Millward Brown, Nielsen, IRI etc)
- Understanding digital ad-tracking technologies and the connection research data to digital behavioural data.
- Analysing survey data, including expert user of Excel and survey cross-tabbing tools; ideally also experienced in SPSS, R, or Python
- Turning data into insight, presenting findings to senior stakeholders in a clear and confident way
- Expressing themselves fluently and engagingly in spoken and written English, while working with international teams and clients around the world
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.