Data Science Manager
Do you have a passion for, and love to think creatively with data? Want to see your predictive models shaping the dynamic world of digital advertising? As a Data Science Manager, you will play a lead role in Xaxis’ EMEA Marketing Science team. You will get the opportunity to:
• work with our top tier clients - we work with over 1,000 leading brands in EMEA – to provide custom machine learning solutions for their advertising
• work with our ‘big and fast’ internet datasets and the latest in machine learning technologies, & algorithms
• investigate and apply innovative data science techniques to real business problems
• lead talent development and foster collaboration in AI and machine learning across the region covering 20+ markets and 50+ analysts and data scientists, such as leading hackathons and training days.
• manage a team of data scientists to execute the programmatic strategy through use of data science techniques
You will build data science assets that will leverage the predictive power of our large internet datasets and ensure Xaxis’ digital advertising products provide the most effective and efficient outcomes for our clients.
You will have:
• a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, etc)
• experience with SQL
• demonstrable experience using Python or similar languages (e.g. R, Spark) to analyse, transform, and visualise big data
• strong experience with machine learning techniques, such as predictive modelling, regression, classification, clustering and reinforcement learning
• knowledge and practical usage of major machine learning libraries, such as SciKit, Spark MLlib, TensorFlow, Caret
• comfortable working with Amazon Web Services, and using command shell to set-up and manage cloud computing services
• able to deliver machine learning projects end-to-end: distilling business opportunities into data science challenges; feature engineering; model selection & tuning; results interpretation (and presentation); and engineering solutions into business applications & workflow
• a positive, can-do attitude with a thirst to continually learn new things
• an ability to work independently and collaboratively with a wide range of teams (analytics, technology, client services, operations)
• worked with clients to successfully apply your AI know-how to their opportunities and challenges
• an interest in media, advertising and marketing
• experience mentoring and/or managing junior colleagues
This role is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth, and to get to work with leading digital media data to ‘push the boundaries’ of how Xaxis uses data to deliver predictive models and insight that shapes the advertising decisions of the leading brands we work with.
Xaxis provides industry leading digital advertising for brands, using the latest advancements in data and technology to deliver the most meaningful and engaging digital advertising with the best outcomes. Our approach has been highly successful and today Xaxis works with over 3,000 clients across 40 countries. To maintain a competitive edge in the ever-changing media landscape, Xaxis continues to build next generation advertising products and platforms that will change the game for our clients. Xaxis is part of GroupM and WPP. By joining Xaxis you will work in our amazing office located in central London and can take advantage of our free breakfast, fruit all day, receive your birthday off in addition to your holiday allowance and every year on your work anniversary we like to thank you for your hard work by giving another day off! We are thankful for the work you do and always like to reward our employees back for their efforts.
You might know that GroupM is 'the world leading media investment group' - but what does this actually mean? Put simply, one in three adverts you'll see online, or out-and-about in public have been placed with our network of media agencies, some of the best and biggest agency brands in media (including Wavemaker, Mediacom, m/SIX, and Mindshare) so we have a pretty big responsibility on our shoulders. If that wasn't enough, GroupM is also a Top Employer (https://www.top-employers.com/en-GB/companyprofiles/uk/groupm-uk-limited/) meaning that we really value our employees' well-being, and we have world leading development programmes to lead and develop our talent. Considering we're the only media agency network to have this accreditation, we hope you'll consider joining us in your next career move. If you'd like to know more about life at GroupM, you can search for 'GroupM UK Careers' on all major social media platforms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.