Job title: Software Engineer
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.”
We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
We are looking for a full stack C# and java script developer responsible for building full stack C# web applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Translate application storyboards, specifications and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity
Key skills & knowledge:
- Excellent in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiarity with the .NET framework 4.5
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with Service Orientated Architecture and Web Service development such as WebAPI, WCF, Rest API, JSON etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as MVC, React JS, Angular JS, Node JS, JQuery etc
- Knack for writing clean, readable code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT and Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as Materialize and Bootstrap.
- Knowledge of Advertising / Marketing / Media business
- Experience working with teams across multiple physical locations
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering related discipline preferred
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.