Analytics Account Manager
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients is to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
Why is this role important to Wavemaker? Understanding how data and technology combine to inform analytics and insights for Wavemaker’s clients is a crucial part of our commitment to driving better decisions. Wavemaker needs a committed and motivated Analytics team to build and deliver regular reporting and insight solutions for our clients, and to identify ways of utilising emerging technologies and analytical techniques to drive growth.
What is the context for the role – is it to transform, is it to lead, is it to develop products or people, it is to support a team etc. Work with the Head of Analytics, Analytics Director and the rest of the Analytics team to define and deliver relevant Reporting, Analytics, and Optimization solutions across Wavemaker client requirements, advise on the appropriate use of technology, contribute to the identification of new client opportunities and provide management and development of more junior team members.
What is happening both internally and externally that gives this role more clarity and purpose? The core purpose of Wavemaker Client Solutions in supporting CS clients, rather than supporting the Wavemaker network or developing tools, will allow the entire Analytics team greater focus and dedication to developing client relationships through data solutions.
• What are the areas of accountability for this role, and what are some of the specific tasks you would expect the successful candidate to carry out?
• Support the Analytics Director, The Head of Analytics and Wavemaker clients to identify analytical requirements and solve challenges effectively and efficiently
• Support the development and delivery of existing and new reporting, BI & Analytics projects, including the response to client briefs, securing and analysing required data, preparing the story and visualization, and presenting to internal and external stakeholders where necessary
• Build an awareness in clients’ business, systems and ways of working.
• Help to resolve challenges on the spot, supporting external resource to do this when required.
• Become familiar with the existing Analytics toolset to utilise on client business, including data visualisation technologies (Power BI, Datorama, Tableau, Data Studio), reporting tools (Microsoft Excel and R) and measurement platforms (DoubleClick Campaign Manager and Google Analytics).
• Work within, and help develop, an open, collaborative, progressive day to day culture within Analytics, Wavemaker and Wavemaker’s clients
• Develop strong relationships across the Analytics team, across the wider Journey Activation department and the agency as a whole.
• Work with the Analytics Director to ensure your direct reports have up to date job descriptions, objectives, development and training plans, and support a schedule of regular communications (using Future.me where necessary), including: -
- Weekly 1:1s with direct reports, plus quarterly formal reviews of objectives
- Regular informal catch-ups with other team members
- Weekly Analytics team meetings to discuss tactical / operational successes and resource / capacity issues
- Quarterly Analytics reviews to discuss team direction / strategic challenges
- A regularly maintained and updated team responsibilities document
Remember not to make these descriptors too narrow or specific. We want to develop a diverse workforce, and requiring everyone to have come through a specific education or work background will restrict the variety of candidates we will consider
What background is desirable?
• Media, data and technology industry experience and awareness
• Real passion for data, analytics and technology, and for learning new skills
• Good communication skills, both within Wavemaker and externally with clients
What experience is important?
• Experience of working within a communications agency and/or client organisation
• An understanding or awareness of digital media (adserving, cookies, pixels), data visualisation and dashboarding, web analytics, data manipulation and statistical analysis software
• Some hands-on experience with relevant technologies (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, Datorama, Google Analytics, Advanced Excel, SQL, R)
• Ability to distil data into insight and valuable information, and to present back findings in a clear, engaging and meaningful way
What qualifications are relevant?
• Some formal education / qualifications in a numerate discipline
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas, and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
A problem solver with excellent client facing skills, the ability to get stuck in and make things happen will be a success in this role.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.