Senior Account Executive, Paid Search (IBM)
Paid Search Senior Executive
Job title: Paid Search Senior Account Executive
Group: Mindshare Worldwide – Outcomes
Reports to: Business Director, IBM
A role exists within Mindshare Worldwide FAST in a growing Paid Search and Organic specialist team. You will be a crucial team member of the EightBar team, which is a collective of talent across the WPP network dedicated to servicing IBM clients. The EightBar Search team in London is responsible for strategy and activation of Paid Search activity in Europe, which is closely integrated with Organic Search efforts led by Agency and IBM teams. We are looking for a Paid Search Senior Account Executive to help us drive best practice adoption and performance for IBM.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate in order to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division of integrated performance specialists, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Organic channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, tech, FMCG, automotive and finance industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Search clients includes IBM, Blackrock, Unilever, Dyson, Volvo and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Search platforms.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Partner. For personal development and day to day management they will report into the Paid Search Account Director. Working within the Paid Search Europe hub team they will be integral to achieving client goals through the development and optimization of Paid Search activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
Key skills & knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience running Paid Search campaigns and will have an enthusiasm for digital media and developing a career within performance media channel.
They will have skills and experience in:
- Experience setting up and optimizing campaigns within Google Ads and Bing Ads
- Experience navigating search management platforms, such as SA360, to set up, optimize and report on search campaigns
- Experience of handling multimarket/international campaigns is advantageous, but not mandatory
- Experience running direct response performance campaigns is preferred
- Experience using audiences and automation to optimise and manage search campaigns
- Experience of using bid strategies within Google Ads and/or a search management platform
- Advanced experience using Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in a second language (ideally German) is preferred but not essential
- Analytically minded and good at handling large data sets in order to identify trends and insights
- Understanding of Paid Search best practices
- Understanding of search measurement capabilities
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- Strong attention to detail with an effective and efficient working style
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of the wider team
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify and action innovative opportunities to optimize client performance in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your client’s and client leadership team’s trust and confidence by guiding them through Search best practices actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns.
- PROVOCATION: The ideal candidate should be curious and courageous, pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance, as well as take entrepreneurial calculated risks to act on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business.
Exceptional campaign management across search engines
- Working with search engine partners to run Paid Search campaigns, with the opportunity to
also run Gmail ads campaigns
- Competently create media plans and set up best practice search campaigns to achieve specified KPIs
- Be able to navigate and implement advanced features within native and 3rd party search management platforms e.g. automation, scripts, audiences and feed integration
- Carry out health checks on Paid Search accounts to ensure they are set up and running to Mindshare best practice
- Understand how Paid Search can be measured and tracked using third party technology
- Identify and act on testing opportunities to optimize search campaigns and improve performance
- Carry out regular account optimization in order to improve performance against agreed KPIs
- Carry out frequent campaign and budget management checks
- Complete client reports in a timely manner, providing relevant insights and recommendations
- Work with the Search Manager to contribute towards best-practice training materials when required
- Undertake advanced search qualifications such as Bid Management platform exams, Google Shopping or Google Analytics exams
- Understand Mindshare and IBM PO and financial processes
- Support Search Executives with tasks, providing guidance where needed
- Keep up to date with digital media developments, write POVs and share with the wider team
The Search Senior Executive will be expected to manage existing client campaigns to achieve agreed KPIs, proactively identifying opportunities for improvements, as well as display effective communication within the team, with key suppliers and internal account teams.
- Exceptional execution and application of Search Best Practices
- Meeting and exceeding clients’ performance targets
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.