Global Business Operations Director
Global Business Operations Director
Department / Team
Red Lion Square, Holborn
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, Mediacom, Mindshare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, launched Finecast in September 2017, delivering precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - Television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser’s audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising.
About the team
The world of TV is undergoing a paradigm-shift as traditional, linear TV shifts into the new world of TV powered by technology advances, content proliferation and ubiquitous data. Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
The Director of Global Business Operations will be responsible for the ongoing evaluation, development and delivery of business platforms and operations which underpin Finecast’s global business.
Responsibilities within this role will include the management of global business platforms, tools and processes which support excellence in operations and communication, alongside responsibilities which support the management of global business projects, business processes and ongoing business and stakeholder liaison.
Management of business operational platforms & communication tools:
• Creating and maintaining workflows for the management of business operational platforms and processes which operate across Finecast, ensuring that platforms and processes are streamlined and enable the opportunity for efficiency gains
• Collaborating with other business stakeholders to help define Finecast’s global Business Operations roadmap
• Acting as business and product owner for business operational platforms such as Salesforce and Finecast’s Global Portal, consolidating feature requests and working with stakeholders to prioritise, develop and deliver solutions
• Owning the Finecast Platform/ Systems training plan to ensure that team members receive relevant training and development across the year
• Maintaining an overview of all business reporting to identify overlap and gaps, standardising and automating wherever possible
• Identifying process changes and team improvements that will create a more effective and efficient organisation
Project Management & Delivery:
• Supporting the global team with project management of initiatives across the business
• Responsible for developing project scope of work documents and project plans that includes an analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule and any related risks
• Defining the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including customers, management, IT management, project team, vendors and others affected by the project
• Ensuring that project-related issues are identified, tracked, monitored and communicated to stakeholders
• Holding stakeholders accountable for delivery and follows up in a consistent manner
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• 5+ years business operations and project management experience
• Experience with Salesforce and other CRM solutions or systems
• Strong understanding of system integrations, with specific focus or interest in Global CRM systems
• Experience working in a global team
• Positive attitude and passionate about your work
T: +44 20 7158 5000 | 26 Red Lion Square, WC1R 4HQ London, United Kingdom
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.