Platforms Manager (Social)
We are a small but fast-growing and team responsible for B2B clients across the agency and focused on developing our division of Wavemaker and B2B proposition. The approach we have to B2B is unique in market given that we have the backing and power of GroupM, whilst still being small and agile enough to react quickly to client demands and requirements. We communicate with humans rather than businesses, (decision makers are consumers after all!), and rather than focus on tried and tested B2B marketing methods, we are focused on keeping ahead in terms of new media solutions (cross-channel) to ensure we are challenging our clients to find new ways to reach their audiences and grow their business.
We are currently looking for a Platform Manager (PPC) to join the team and work across a number of key accounts with existing ‘Precision marketing’ needs, whilst also developing a broader Performance proposition for our B2B clients. The role will involve strategic performance planning across search, social and programmatic, and experience of B2B audiences and client set up would be preferred. As Platform Manager you will support a Senior AE, Account Executive and team apprentice, and focus on developing their basic skills in biddable (precision) channels. The initial focus of the role will be to deliver excellence in strategic planning and execution of performance channels for our existing clients (Aviva, Pure Storage, Caterpillar, IAG Cargo, SAP Concur). In the longer term you will work closely with the two Client Leads and Head of WMB to develop a dedicated performance proposition to sell into existing clients, and support in new business prospecting, aligned to the WM Precision approach.
The role is a newly created position to support on-boarding of Aviva activity, and will require a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual who is looking for an autonomous opportunity to create a performance arm of our dedicated B2B team and ‘agency within an agency’. You will have the opportunity to define what the proposition will look like and be encouraged to show case it to clients and beyond.
You will also work closely with the Precision community, and align to the Head of Platforms, and Performance Leads on all best practice, training and development across PPC, Social and Programmatic platforms to maintain a level of best practice for our B2B clients. You will be involved in the commercial positioning of the performance piece, and long-term growth of existing clients, new business and overall team size and structure.
As a small team we contribute to the development and growth of the WM Business proposition, so we are looking for entrepreneurs – an individual that can interpret future media trends and translate them into opportunities for our clients.
This role encompasses more than most Performance roles out there, with responsibility across multiple clients and markets, and the autonomy to build and run your own way of working. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, driven and looking to broaden their skillset working in an end to end team.
- You will work with the WMB client teams to produce and present strategy and rationales, media plans, projections and results to clients
- You will be responsible for liaising with the appropriate clients with regards to: PPC, programmatic and social performance, optimisation plans, testing schedules, competitor analysis and industry news
- Working with the Account Directors you will present at monthly and quarterly business reviews
- You will need to develop and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the b2b landscape, your clients’ industry sector and their competitors
Strategy & Planning:
- Your core role will be to translate strategy into gold standard delivery and optimisation plans for each client
- You will work with the Account Directors in taking client briefs and creating innovative delivery plans and rationale document that demonstrate how you will deliver quantifiable business outcomes
- You will be required to provide KPI projections, benchmarks and forecasts for your channels in response to client briefs
- You will need a good working knowledge of key industry planning tools and platforms (e.g. TGI, Comscore, Hitwise, Google Insight tools, Facebook Audience Planner, LinkedIn xxx) to enable you to build robust plans and rationale documents that justify your media selections
- Testing plans will be a key component of this role, you will work with your Account Director/s and media owners (e.g. Xaxis, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.) to create and deliver ongoing robust testing plans
- In conjunction with your client, client team and Specialist Leads you will create case studies each quarter to be entered into annual specialist awards (e.g. Direct Marketing Awards, UK Search Awards, Drum Marketing Awards, Xaxie Awards, Media Week Awards etc.)
Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control check and take full ownership of the output of your Executive/s
- Ensure every brief you receive has a clear set of measurable outcomes and that all parties (client, client teams and your specialist team) are agreed on these outcomes / KPI’s
- You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding any agreed targets
- You will work with the Account Director and Executives to ensure every account has an insight driven clear and achievable 30/60/90 day optimisation schedule. It will be imperative that the client is aware of this plan and the outcomes it will deliver
- Each week you will review, with your specialist team, performance against targets and adjust optimisation activities accordingly
- Every month and quarter you will work with your executive and the Account Director (and Head of Specialism if required) to review and amend the 30/60/90 day optimisation schedules for your clients which will deliver quantifiable outcomes
- It will be your responsibility to ensure timely delivery against the agreed 30/60/90 optimisation schedules
- You will need to check that your team are logging all significant actions on your account to feed into post campaign reviews and to help shape future activity
- You will regularly work with heads of Paid Social, PPC and Display to ensure your teams’ activity is audited regularly and is best in class
- You will need to have an excellent working knowledge of industry and Wavemaker tools and systems (e.g. DFA, Google Adwords, Marin, D-Cor, D-Veri) and must ensure that your executives are using them correctly to monitor performance and conduct daily checks to confirm budget pacing is as planned and that activity is serving correctly
- You should attend and contribute to weekly client team status meetings and monthly team meetings
- You will need to manage the delivery of weekly/fortnightly/monthly reports and ensure that they contain insightful commentary on performance, key optimisations and recommended next steps
- Ensure all of your accounts and your executive(s) are booked onto the system correctly, reconciled within the monthly window, that financial queries are addressed in a timely manner and that Wavemaker financial processes are followed correctly, especially in relation to SOX compliance, plan approval & PO receipt / reconciliation
- Work to overall account performance related fee targets as outlined by the Account Director
- Work with the Client Leads to ensure you and your executive(s) spend the right amount of time on each client
- Develop strong negotiation skills to construct deals which maximise value both for clients and Wavemaker and help your executive(s) to build on their own skills in this area
- Work closely with Trading & Barter teams to identify new opportunities to help meet commercial objectives for your clients and Wavemaker and ensure that all your plans and that of your team are shared with them prior to being shown to clients
- Be fully aware of all Wavemaker / GroupM deal partners and priorities and have a good understanding of their individual capabilities
- If working on an audited client, ensure you understand the process and methodology for benchmarking and work with your manager to collate and deliver all relevant data sets as per agreed deadlines
- Ensure timesheets are up-to-date and accurate for yourself and your executive(s) each month
- Lead and line manage your executive(s)
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive(s) with support from your Client Lead
- Accountable for the workflow and quality of work of your executive(s), ensuring that they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to your client’s digital media strategy
- Ensure you and your executive(s) have the correct qualifications at all times (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook Blueprint etc.)
- Review, provide feedback and set objectives for your executive(s) every 6 weeks
Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with WMB and specialist peers to establish best practice in self-serve programmatic as this area grows over 2017/18
- Help your team to leverage key media owner relationships and client data insights in order to produce work which drives tangible business results for our clients
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and other external agencies on your clients’ businesses
- In conjunction with your Account Directors, work with key media owners such as Xaxis, Plista, Light Reaction and other WAVEMAKER deal partners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing, including Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter Betas and Alpha tests to ensure your clients activity is best in class
- Work with your Account Directors to produce case studies with media owners such as Oath, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Actively seek out new trends, industry news / updates and product launches and share with wider team, related to b2b where possible or reacting consumer trends which are transferable
- Develop relationships with programmatic media partners such as MIQ, Quantcast etc.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of PPC, display and paid social being at the core of this.
- Google AdWords, Facebook Blueprint and Twitter Flight School qualified.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using DCM (both trafficking and reporting) and other digital ad servers
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix & Comscore
- Proficient use of social technology such as Facebook Business Manager, LI Campaign Manager etc.
- Excellent knowledge of display auditing and programmatic buying.
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Relevant / transferable client management experience
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.