Account Manager - Cheetham Bell
CHEETHAM BELL – Account Manager, Creative & Advertising Agency
We're looking for a bright, ambitious account manager with at least 3 years Account Management experience, ideally in a creative agency. You will strive to produce the best possible creative ideas by working with creative teams and designers to deliver effective, award winning communications.
As an Account Manager you will galvanise the account team to get things done and ensure all the bases are covered. Your primary focus is delivery and giving exceptional client service.
You will aspire to become an Account Director and we're looking for you to demonstrate significant skill in the 7 core account management competencies; Knowledge, Drive, Relationship management, Strategic vision, Creative vision, Trust, Commercial awareness. You will also encourage, develop and support the people who you work with and for you.
You will galvanise the account team and get things done by
- Providing a focus of project management.
- Owning projects within the account and taking full responsibility from brief to completion.
- Taking briefs from clients and synthesising into proposed agency activity.
- Working with media companies to ensure all plans are up to date.
- Being aware and understanding all regulatory bodies' roles/regulations.
- Briefing production to allow timely and accurate estimates.
- Briefing TV producers to allow work to be produced to time and to budget.
- Working with Traffic and Production departments to keep things moving to time, to brief and to cost.
- Being responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate agendas, call reports, contact reports and status reports.
- Managing and preparing for every internal and external meeting.
- Seeing the bigger picture and contributing to the strategic and creative development of the account.
- Presenting and selling creative ideas to clients when required.
- Working to agency financial systems and following best practice guidelines.
- Being responsible for the invoicing of all activity on the account.
- Actively contributing to cost control.
- Proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities for further revenue or added value.
- Working with the Account Director to maximise efficiency and motivation.
- Directing and supervising the workload of account executives including quality control of client correspondence, contact reports and internal instructions.
- Advising Account Director immediately of any client/ team issues.
- Encouraging, developing and supporting the account team.
- Identifying personal training needs and recognising areas where one needs to increase understanding/awareness.
You wil deliver exceptional client service by:
- Building strong relationships with day to day client contacts.
- Building strong internal relationships.
- Understanding and responding to client’s business – the brand, the communication strategy and competitive environment.
- Contributing to regular performance/strategy review meetings with client.
- Sharing with the account team all information related to the client's business and brand including client reports and trade and advertising industry sources.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.