Digital Display and Print Specialist Account Manager, Luxury Client
About the role, client & what we’re looking for:
PLUS is a bespoke, global agency created exclusively for CHANEL by WPP. It is focused on bringing about a step-change in CHANEL’s global, regional and local communications, by drawing upon the best talent and resource from across WPP.
This role is a unique position, it is focused in the PLUS team which handles the Chanel account but it also connects into the wider teams of Mindshare.
We are currently looking for a bright and tenacious Account Manager.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a vibrant team which manages the world’s number one luxury brand’s digital and print buying. . The role principally spans UK publishing with some activity across Europe. You will be working with our Magazines and National Press partners (across their print and tablet editions) as well as our digital partners. The benefit of this role over other Account Manager roles within Mindshare, is that the successful individual will have the opportunity to work across both programmatic and direct digital partners (within other times in the agency, there are two departments: FAST and Traded. The buying of programmatic and direct media is separated between them). This gives the role an extra degree of variety, autonomy and a significantly-wider skillset.
Professional, bright, and enthusiastic, you will enjoy developing your network of contacts across the market as you represent our clients. You will also benefit from being exposed to many other disciplines including AV, Biddable Social and Search. You should have a positive, enthusiastic approach to collaboration and communication with other departments, most importantly Media Planning.
Working on such a high profile client means this is a challenging but very rewarding role. The Account Manager needs to have a background in print/publishing planning and buying, preferably with experience of having worked on brand-led rather than DR-led accounts, although this is not imperative. Experience of digital planning and buying would be a significant advantage given that this is also an important medium for our clients. The successful candidate will need to thrive on working on a luxury account and deliver first-class output that demonstrates impeccable attention to detail in order to produce the highest quality work. This is an important part of the role: the successful candidate will be fiercely passionate about the brand and take an active interest in contributing to future plans.
Key responsibilities include taking ownership in all areas of day-to-day print and digital campaign management from initial brief, constructing a plan, negotiating and buying space (though this element of the role is fairly limited within CHANEL as many rates are enshrined at contract level), billing and financial management, to business objectives and KPIs post-campaign performance reviews
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of all print and digital media
- Learn and demonstrate a thorough understanding of all planning tools – Adrelevance, ComScore, AdDynamix, Telmar, TGI and NRS
- Confidence when talking about tracking and measurement of campaigns
- Provide accurate and insightful data analysis to drive campaign effectiveness
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions to achieve our ambition of inventing the future of media
- Support the Account Director in the implementation of Affinity plans across all print and digital channels to meet the clients’ business objectives
- Actively seek opportunities to deliver our ambition to invent the future of media
- Incorporate adaptive and inventive thinking
- Contribute to and present implementational plans and campaign results both internally & externally working closely with other disciplines within the agency
- Identify opportunities for campaign optimisation
- Work towards the ownership of campaign data management for your team
- Develop negotiation skills in order to be able to construct deals which maximise value both for your clients and Mindshare
- Begin to understand the dynamics of market pricing (including audit pool pricing) for print and digital media
- Ensure that all digital media buys are reconciled and print bookings are vouched within five working days
- Ensure that campaign naming convention is adhered to across Excel plans, ad server, Metis and Adazzle
- Assist Account Director to effectively manage and develop Account Executives within the team
- Actively participate in Mindshare events including Huddle and future of media
- Ensure compliance with Mindshare/WPP anti-bribery guidelines
CRITERIA BY WHICH INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE IS MEASURED
- Achievement of specific objectives set in 360 review
- Client satisfaction via formal and constructive feedback
- Team satisfaction via formal and constructive feedback
- Demonstrate skills and behaviours as outlined above
- Quality of work
- Involvement in Mindshare initiatives
- Ensure all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively
- Respond to all client briefs and requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner
- Demonstrate an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings
- Develop strong relationship with the client team at an appropriate level (and understand the roles and responsibilities of the CHANEL media team, directing queries and requests to the appropriate team members)
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment
- Use Mindshare tools to drive forward new channel suggestions and data-led recommendations
- Develop the confidence to challenge briefs when appropriate
- Understand and proactively manage short to medium term business objectives
- Support Account Director in helping identify opportunities to incorporate barter, xaxis, PBU, inventory media & out of scope services where applicable
- Support Account Director in developing longer-term campaign strategies
- Responsible for ensuring all bookings are on the system correctly and on time for all media channels, minimising queries
- Understand all buying guarantees that Mindshare are contracted to deliver on your clients’ business
- Understand the audit process and methodology for benchmarking your buying performance
- Ensure all billing is received in the correct format and at the correct time
- Ensure proper process is followed in relation to SOX compliance and plan approval/purchase order receipt before campaigns go-live
- Ensure effective management and participation in regular team status meetings
- Openly communicate with other functions within the PLUS team and ensure the Affinity team is positively-represented
- Assist the AD to complete a performance review in Mindshare 360 for the AEs
- Encourage and support AE on all aspects of their job
- Be a positive influence on team morale
- Manage workflow priorities and be clear about deliverables and deadlines
- Develop collaborative relationships with other departments within Mindshare to deliver an integrated service to clients
- Play an active role within the wider Affinity team, taking on responsibility for driving knowledge in a specific area/field
- Be fully aware of all deal parameters within both Mindshare and GroupM and their effect on planning objectives and buying targets
- Demonstrate use of the OTF
- Demonstrate use and understanding of the AMF (Adaptive Media Framework)
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered to Mindshare/GroupM/Auditor guidelines
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level and be an effective ambassador for Mindshare
- Develop relationship with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure integrated approach (e.g. creative)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.