Business Director, Booking.com
Job title: BD Client Leadership
Reports to: EMEA Partner & Global Partner
As the Business Director, Client Leadership your core responsibilities will be focused on driving operational efficiency across all workstreams with a focus on EMEA whilst supporting the Account Management and TV teams in the delivery of all plans and recommendations. You will support the team with local market management ensuring processes are aligned and followed based on Global ways of working. In addition to this you will be accountable for the accurate and timely delivery of all reporting deliverables across the team, with the support of a strong reporting function. You will work closely with our Account Managers & Account Executives to ensure consistency and accuracy in everything we do.
This role will bring together Global direction with Local market output – local planning experience is key as we are keen to bring this skillset into the team to drive best practice across local market planning and to ensure we are providing strong guidance from the centre.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of project areas including: Innovation through our Performance Media Hub, New channel opportunities and Thought Leadership.
There are limitless opportunities across the Booking.com team for the right candidate to support the Leadership team, taking ownership of team operations and driving best practice throughout.
Who are Booking.com:
- Market cap: triple the size of Heineken, triple the size of Expedia, twice the size of Ebay, 2/3rd of Nike
- One of Google’s largest customer - worldwide
- The category leader and we’re growing fast
- 15,000 employees (tripled in the last 4 years)
- 80,000,000 customers WW
- World cup Brazil: 25% people visiting stadiums booked through us
- 1,200,000 rooms booked every 24hours
- Previously Priceline Group; owns priceline.com, agoda.com, Kayak, rentalcars.com & OpenTable.
- Rebranded to Booking Holdings in February 2018
- With $68.1 billion in gross bookings in 2016 (up from $55.5M in 2015), Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services
Mindshare & Booking.com:
Our role and responsibilities include audience insights, media strategy, planning, innovation, buying, reporting, information and market management.
We collaborate extremely closely with all local market Mindshare teams as well as our agency partners (media & production).
Our relationship began in 2013 when we won the UK media business, in the past 5 years we’ve grown from 1 to 20+ markets with huge potential growth on the horizon as Booking.com looks to launch it’s brand into other global markets.
Booking.com Principal accountabilities -
Operations & Planning support:
- Own the development of EMEA+AU operations – providing consultancy to the team on areas of focus and efficiencies which can be made to working processes – support team to roll these out across all markets
- Ensure seamless account management and administration across EMEA+AU
- Work with Booking.com ensure successful roll out of new markets
- Support Global & Commercial team in preparing new markets for launch
- Ensure all teams and markets are on-boarded and support the team to ensure the relevant training is set up
- Support the Account Management and TV teams to develop, review and elevate local markets plans. Ensuring global strategic alignment with consideration of local nuances
- Collaborating in the development and deployment of automated global tools and processes using Tableau and internal media planning systems to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reporting deliverables
Collaboration & Partnership:
- Cultivate relationships with all client leads across EMEA+AU
- Build a strong team network across the markets to ensure collaborative relationships and working practices
- Build a strong relationship with Kelly @Booking and her team to become the first port of call for EMEA+ AU
- Develop close relationships with the key Booking.com clients, our colleagues at other agencies and potential media partners
- Establish yourself as a key contact point for Planning & Operations across Mindshare WW and all local Mindshare markets
- Mentor Account Managers & Executives and local territory teams to help deliver successful day-to-day market coordination and campaign implementation
- Support development of local market (EMEA+AU) team structures in line with Booking needs
- Work closely with all of our local markets to harbor a one team mentality encouraging collaboration
- Anticipate client needs and develop an actionable roadmap around the 2019 EMEA+AU priorities from an Innovation standpoint – noting all work streams are applicable to this project
- Develop ideas for driving greater operational efficiency across day to day tasks and bring these to the team
- Drive the relationship with the tech team and consult on product/tech/tool development in line with account needs
- Challenge the processes and implement change
- Identify proactive opportunities to drive innovation between media partners and Booking.com
- Provide thought leadership and market intelligence based on key areas of opportunities, business development and innovation with a focus on operations and tech solutions
- Curious and connected: Keep abreast of new opportunities, market intelligence, media landscape etc
- Inventive: Always challenge the process to ensure an ever-evolving operations solution which is adaptable and efficient.
- Create Client Bonds: Share digital trends, insights and thought pieces with our key Booking.com client contacts.
- Build Relationships: Maintains a regular contact base with the markets, clients, media and relevant partners. Actively seek opportunities to mobilise our network.
- Open and collaborative: Share our work internally and create a forum across the markets for collaboration.
- Initiative and Drive: Proactively drive improvements in the effectiveness of our planning, operations, implementation & reporting.
- Challenge: Challenge the process always and strive for innovation in everything you do.
- Mindset: a lean in attitude and performance mindset – someone seeking to always improve and create efficiencies across all aspects of the role
Key skills & knowledge:
- Media knowledge: The role requires depth and breadth in understanding the global media industry, with the ability to stay ahead and on top of the new media trends and technology. 7-9 years of media planning/buying experience across Global/Regional/Local teams.
- Sector Knowledge: Good knowledge of travel/experience sector
- Client Knowledge: Sound understanding of Booking.com’s business and a passion for travel
- International Understanding: Requires knowledge of international media environments.
- Consumer Insight: An interest and understanding of consumer insight across the core Booking.com markets
- Organisation and Project Management Skills: Highly organised, with the ability to manage processes and outputs effectively and on time, all while coordinating between multiple stakeholders. Deadlines are sometimes quite tight so an ability to prioritise and manage your time (while helping your direct report do the same) is key.
- Communication skills: Excellence in communication, presentation and lateral thinking. Excellent analytical, written and numerical skills.
- System skills:
- Advanced used of IT software (MS Office)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Confident in using industry tools such as Comscore, Nielsen, and key ad server and analytics stacks (Google, Adobe).
- Client Servicing: Exceptional client servicing skills essential to build client trust and confidence
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.