Senior Media Planner
You will play a fundamental role in supporting your team through understanding data across all media channels & striving to infuse innovation into communications based on thorough understanding of consumers & digital‐native behavior. Thus, helping the Company and our clients realize the potential of our capabilities.
• Assisting in the development and stewardship of all communications plans across traditional and digital media as well as other initiatives based on client requirements and needs.
• Partnering with the Senior Associate in gathering necessary data for plan development:
• Run marketing & media reports and analyze data, gather costs, create and maintain flowcharts.
• Monitor and compile competitive advertising and spending data.
• Assist in the preparation and rationale of media recommendations and annual plan presentations.
• Assisting the Senior Associate to ensure overall quality and integrity of plans, including: Monitor and maintain budgets, budget reports and all other stewardship reports.
• Unite and understand data across all media channels (traditional and digital.).
• Generate paperwork necessary for purchase authorization.
• Resolve billing discrepancies.
• Analyze plan performance where necessary to ensure success.
• When/where applicable: negotiate makegoods, coordinate added value.
• Maintain media partner information files.
• Partnering with the Senior Associate to establish priorities and manage workload.
• Providing timely and accurate delivery of all work.
• Assisting in the development of insightful media points‐of‐view.
• Liaise with local markets to keep up to date records of brand activities and local news.
• Successfully completing required training program(s).
• Demonstrating a desire to create improvement and better outcomes through innovation/approaching things in new ways.
• Thinking of new solutions to your work/client challenges.
• Contributing to an environment where ‘Innovation as usual’ thrives in everyday work.
• Some experience required across a media planning profession (1-2 years)
• Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and/or communications preferred.
• Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency.
• Demonstrate strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work within a team, handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
• Propensity to be business‐minded and professional.
• Extremely detail‐oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate ambition by keeping abreast of industry trends through trade news, industry workshops / seminars and tracking current events.
• Exhibit passion through appropriate participation in team, agency, and industry initiatives.
• Demonstrate genuine curiosity and interest in our clients & their business.
• Digitally savvy, with specific proficiency at MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.