Media Planning Manager
Who are m/SIX
Our ownership structure makes m/SIX unique. We can access GroupM’s outstanding global talent pool, trading might and the world’s largest media data lake. But we are also part of The&Partnership, a set of agencies founded on collaboration and a philosophy to work seamlessly with both clients and creative agency partners. This gives m/SIX the ‘best of both worlds’. We have the entrepreneurial spirit and agility of an independent agency fused with the scale, resource and capabilities of the world’s leading media network.
Over the last 18 months m/SIX has gone through a huge ‘scale up’, doubling in size in terms of people and billings, meaning we are currently the UK’s fastest growing media agency. As such we are naturally less hierarchical than many other agency environments.
We pride ourselves on an open culture where everyone is encouraged to make their ideas happen. We believe in honest & transparency with both our clients and people – we have regular all company meetings, and like nothing more than getting everyone together for some sociable fun.
Who are Pulse?
We’ve created Pulse, a cross discipline team bringing creative, media and production together to work solely on the News UK business. Removing cross agency politics and delivering best in class work, we’ve brought together the media expertise of m/SIX alongside the creative knowledge of Wunderman and the&Partnership, turning these promises into reality and redefining the agency model in the process.
News UK is at the forefront of change in the media industry, and has made fundamental changes to its business over the last few years. The decline in print circulation has galvanised them to a more nimble way of working; actively exploring and testing new ways to monetise their audience and authority via the paper and digital offerings.
About the role
Due to the integrated nature of the agency, media planning is a fundamental part of the conversation from the start of any new project working alongside creative and strategic partners. This gives the successful candidate the ideal opportunity to develop their skill set way beyond that of a traditional media planner.
This role will report into the lead Media Planner on the The Times and The Sunday Times elements of the business and will be responsible for the following:
- Developing solutions that build the NewsUK brand story and values with intelligent media planning
- Challenge historic ways of doing things and ensure that our approach is fit for the modern digital communications landscape that we are operating in.
- Understand the relationship between brand and acquisition and be able to propose solutions which maximise the impact of both.
- Work with our buying team to come up with detailed and challenging implementation plans that deliver this.
- Understand how to use the wealth of data available to enhance media performance and connect to business growth
- Build successful and progressive working relationship with our creative partners in Pulse.
- Improve the digital knowledge within the wider Pulse agency by leading regular knowledge sharing sessions
- Demonstrable experience gained from a previous cross-channel media planning role
- Well informed and able to talk with authority about the current and future trends, in technology and media
- Has high capability and confidence in brand building and acquisition planning.
- Is proactive in developing inventive ideas to think beyond the obvious solution, creating plans worthy of award entry
- Leads by example through presence and positive contribution to client and agency meetings
- Seeks out opportunities to develop our scope and relationship with clients.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.