Account Executive, Booking.com and M&S
Job title: Account Executive, Client Leadership
Client: Booking.com & M&S
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across the Global Booking.com and Marks & Spencer accounts to support the effective creation, development and execution of innovative marketing strategies and tactics for both brands at an International level:
- Booking.com (50%): Your core responsibilities will be focused on local market engagement, data management & reporting. In addition to this, you will be involved in data gathering and insights to aid our global media planning
- M&S (50%): Your core responsibilities will be focused on set-up and reporting of multi-market programmatic display campaigns. In addition to this, you will own day-to-day account processes from planning and buying to financial management
This role will provide a deep insight into the media world including Programmatic Display, TV, Radio and OOH and a breadth of experience across a number of local markets.
You will work closely with our Account Manager to ensure consistency and accuracy in everything we do.
Key Responsibilities – Booking.com:
Coordination & Planning
- Provide continued communication and active support to the team in all issues related to the delivery and performance of campaigns
- Assist with network management by sending requests and gathering information
- Build relationships with key local Mindshare offices
- Attend weekly status calls for both Global and local markets
- Work with local teams to help refine their plans and recommendations
- Responsible for production coordination between media, creative and production teams
- Help with on boarding new Booking.com markets on reporting deliverables
- Support on campaign briefing to implementation for OOH, Radio and Direct IO campaigns
- Responsible for imputing Global activities into buying systems
- Supply clients with weekly performance reports and alerting them on campaign performance
- Be proactive, engage with clients and build relationships wherever possible
- Deliver all work to required deadlines and to a standard that exceeds client expectations
- Support global team and markets on budget reporting
- Responsible for monthly delivery of competitive reports
- Acts as reports super-user supporting global and market teams to comply with template, system requirements by building and rolling out training material
- Responsible for market coordination ensuring timely update and upload of reports
- Responsible for supplying consolidated monthly/quarterly reporting for Booking.com
Key Responsibilities – M&S:
- Support the team throughout all stages of the campaign planning process, from brief interrogation, partner briefing, media plan creation, campaign buying, set-up, reporting and analysis
- Take ownership of operational tasks for multi-market programmatic display campaigns, including booking, set-up with media and tech partners, reporting and optimisation against set KPIs and benchmarks
- Deliver weekly reporting and analysis, keeping abreast of performance against key objectives across all markets, as well as campaign optimisations on a weekly basis
- Work closely with external and internal teams to ensure accurate tracking of all activity
- Take ownership of day-to-day account processes, including, financial processes, and working with the Finance team to ensure accurate reconciliations and timely billing of activity
- Accuracy & diligence: Understands and regularly uses methods for checking work to ensure accuracy and confidence in numbers
- Build Relationships: Maintains stakeholders updated on a regular basis on project developments and status, actively seek opportunities to cascade information to /from the network
- Clear communication (both upwards and outwards): to ensure that projects progress in advance of upcoming deadlines
- Organisation skills: Ability to manage many projects/tasks at once to meet deadlines
- Creative approach: Use creative approach to problem solving; always looking for improvements to the way things are done and using logical and well-informed responses to present recommendations
- Initiative and Drive: Initiative is key, proactively suggesting new projects or next steps to keep tasks moving
- Mindset: a lean in attitude and performance mindset – someone seeking to always improve and create efficiencies across all aspects of the role
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Detailed skills: Good analytical, written and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills able to work with a people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Good organization skills with ability to manage independently your own workload
- Positive, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- A team player who is willing to learn more about the world online travel aggregators (OTA’s), fashion retail & the media industry
- Attention to detail/accuracy of reporting
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Showing initiative and eager to learn
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.