Account Executive, Trading
Job title: Account Executive, Trading
Group: Worldwide Exchange
Client(s): as required
Mindshare is a cornerstone of the world’s leading global media buying group, GroupM. As such, our trading position is built on size (billings), market-leading insights and innovative solutions. The Exchange function is critical in ensuring that our competitive advantage is at least maintained, and even strengthened. We seek committed individuals to help drive our business forward.
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
The Exchange fulfills two purposes;
Value Management: driving cost and quality delivery for our global clients, across 40+ markets
Direct Investment:managing media space and time booked from Mindshare Worldwide
In this role, you will be required to work across the value management function:
Value Management:help collect and collate a variety of spend and cost tracking reports, analyse data to understand key trends and to co-ordinate with global markets daily to ensure they are delivering the data that we need. The role will cover a range of clients, markets and focus on both offline and online media
The role will report directly to the Account Manager and Account Director within the Worldwide team.
The role focuses on data and reporting of performance by MindShare’s local markets. This is done through a range of tools, Jackdaw, Decipher, Tabular reporting (Excel based) and PowerPoint.
Both Jackdaw (online) and Decipher (Excel based) are year on year cost and quality analysis tools, which takes reported data from local markets to calculate MindShare’s performance vs targets.
- Understanding how reporting templates and tools work
- Collecting raw media data from local markets
- Reviewing any data sent by local teams to ensure it includes all requested parameters
- Format data files into required format for reporting
- Input formatted data into Jackdaw and Decipher or another tool where required
- Input any adjustment factors shared by local teams (where necessary)
- Populate PowerPoint presentation with necessary data
- Manage small ad hoc requests for specific information (e.g.; inflation or specific market landscape requests)
- Internal reviews and feedback
- Feedback from client/ agency partners
- A solid level of numeracy (percentages, indices, ratios etc.)
- Confident making mental calculations in addition to working with Excel or calculators
- Comfortable working with data & analytics and can create meaningful insight from it
- Organisation and Co-ordination:
- Most of our work involves running projects across international markets, therefore strong organization and co-ordination skills are key
- Ability to analyse a problem and propose a possible solution
- Attention to detail:
- You will spend a lot of time looking at data and figures – an attention to detail and ability to cross-check is essential
- Strong Communication:
- This role requires a lot of communication with international agency teams, where English is not usually the first language. We need someone who can communicate in a clear and professional manner, but is also friendly and approachable
- Ability to work within a team (and possibly across teams) and work on own initiative
- Excel/ PowerPoint:
- Intermediate skills on both programmes required
- Enthusiasm/ Passion
- Someone who cares about what they do and has pride in what they deliver
- Someone who is passionate about media and the opportunities within it
Key skills & knowledge:
We are looking for someone who is keen to start their career within media and looking to work in a fast-paced global agency.
The successful candidate must be comfortable handling and formatting large data sets and have strong attention to detail
The role will involve extensive Excel use, so intermediate Excel skills would be an advantage, as well as intermediate PowerPoint skills.
As excel use and basic numeracy skills are important in this role, the interview process may include 2 tests – excel and math’s.
Additional languages are not essential but would be an advantage.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.