Business Director - Moet Hennessy
KR MediaCom Job description style guide
Overview of job
Business Director within KR MediaCom on Moet Hennessy. KR MediaCom is a department of 25 offering the highest level of service and expertise to a portfolio of aspirational brands and clients targeting HNWIs. We combine specialist sector and audience knowledge and hands-on account management.
In 2009 we became fully integrated into MediaCom UK, giving us access to the biggest media agency in the UK.
Reporting of the role
This role reports Rachel Peace – Managing Partner of KR MediaCom, supported by Kate Anthony - Head of Digital Transformation
3 best things about the job:
- The work & business understanding – you’ll will be working with brands & clients who KR MediaCom is an extension of their marketing team
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive, ambitious & fun team
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Established yourself as the Moet Hennessy leadership figure of the team, acting as an invaluable support to your clients, line manager & wider KR team.
- Have full over-sight of day to day work streams on KR MediaCom/ MH, presented responses to brief to the clients F2F and becoming their go-to person
- Ensure yourself & the team have built strong relationships with connect and MBA, including proper, inspirational briefs (to be owned by the manager, but signed off by the BD).
- Gained a strong understanding of the culture and values of MediaCom. Particularly our planning philosophy, having been introduced to Systems Planning, our proprietary and market leading planning process
Responsibilities of the role:
- Demonstrate pro-active leadership & ownership of the relationship with LVMH – both the UK and Maison teams in France
- Main planning point of contact for the client – a trusted strategic partner and opinionated expert on their business challenges, their marketplace and industry issues.
- Lead the development, presentation and delivery of top-quality planning work on annual planning / major planning projects – working alongside the French team to deliver consistent delivery in terms of service & output.
- Ensure the team understand the importance of their work in supporting the clients’ business and driving the wider agency output, and that they are proud of the work they do.
- Make sure the team adhere to the work sign-off process defined by the business director working alongside the client.
- Ensure the team build strong relationships with connect and MBA, including proper, inspirational briefs (to be owned by the BD).
- Participate in stretch sessions, both to share own experience and for personal freshness.
- Ensure your line manager is up to date with changes & developments on each account
What you will need:
- Strong digital background & knowledge as the client is mainly digital focused
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.