Job Description – Operations Manager GroupM
Location: London, UK
GroupM serve as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, MindShare, Essence and M/SIX.
Our primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right, with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
The key objective of this role is to manage relationships with our key suppliers. Our supplier relationships span across all of our agencies and you will be the point person for these suppliers, who will coordinate payments and query resolution from a central point. You will be a confident person that can have conversations across all levels of the business.
- Taking ownership of all aspects of key supplier relationships
- Preparing accurate & detailed supplier reconciliations
- Liaising with media teams and Finance Plus (WPP owned outsourced service centre) to resolve any discrepancies & queries, communicating to suppliers accordingly
- Supporting the finance team & the wider business on any ad hoc requirements
- Supporting the team during external, internal & client audits
- Be the point person in agency to instill best practice into ways of working
- Proficient level of IT literacy, experience of Mediaocean/DDS accounting systems
- Strong excel skills
- Prioritisation, time management and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills, liaising across all levels of the business
- Demonstrates logical thinking in approach to their role
- Problem solving ability and ability to pre-empt issues
- Collaborative and communicative - seeks to understand and integrate within the business specialisms
- Is not afraid to ask questions or to challenge status quo
- Continuously seeks to refine the processes and procedures, always seeking to adapt as the business changes
- Must show a proactive approach to problem solving
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Communication at all levels of the company
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.