Paid Social Lead - Manchester
Works in collaboration with multiple digital channels with a primary focus on Paid Social. Responsible for translating digital strategy into action plans to deliver best in market, data driven and effective integrated digital media campaigns across premium, brand safe Social environments. Account manage the specialist Social team and accounts to ensure the team is focused on the numbers and that there is gold standard account set-up and optimisation.
- Key day-to-day and first point of contact point for clients of equivalent level regarding Social media campaigns whether activity is in planning, live or post campaign.
- The conduit between those clients & your Specialist Social team
Strategy & Planning:
- Responsible for taking brief and working with specialist teams to create media plans and rationale documents that deliver on clients’ objectives
- Create measurable forecasts and projections and actively challenge legacy measurement techniques
- Ensure that the appropriate technology and data is available to track performance against core KPI’s across all digital media channels
- Manage feedback and amends along with wider planning teams
- Work with the Journey Activation Digital Business Director, specialist teams, media partners and the client to create at least two pieces of ‘award winning’ work each quarter
Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control the output of the specialist team on a week by week basis
- Agree reporting schedule and templates with clients and internal teams in advance of a campaign launching. Ensure schedule is adhered to throughout the campaign lifecycle
- Work with the specialist buying team to deliver end of campaign report with analysis that covers optimisation recommendations and next steps
- Track and reconcile spend across all Social channels
- Work with the specialist teams to ensure every account has a clear 30/60/90 optimisation schedule which delivers against the target objectives
- Ensure specialists are focused on delivering against the target KPI’s and are therefore spending the majority of their time on optimisation and account set-up.
- Chair weekly meetings to review client performance against targets and to review 30/60/90 day optimisation plans.
- Ensure team members are conducting daily visibility and budget checks and tracking actions for monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring specialist buyers complete digital reconciliation & SOX compliance for all campaigns in line with agency process
- Deliver campaigns that meet digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
- Work with Journey Activation Digital Business Director to deliver audit requirements where relevant
- Lead the Social offering and help develop the team and products
- Responsible for development of planner buyers within the team with support from Specialist Leads
- Identify specialist training and develop needs of the Account Manager’s and Account Executives
- Ensure all members of the team are adequately qualified: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter.
Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with specialist leads and parters to identify new products and features our clients should be testing
- Aim to get key clients in your group on to at least three key partner Betas each year (e.g. Facebook, Pinterest)
- Produce case studies with media owners such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Work with your specialists and specialist leads to produce case studies each quarter which will be shared with clients, WAVEMAKER and may be published within trade press.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, Facebook, Twitter, Snap and Pinterest.
- Regularly review account performance with media owners – ideally once a month, along with a quarterly business review.
Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of paid social at the core
- Relevant / transferable client leadership experience
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Proficient use of social technology - Facebook Business Manager, 4C (for Pinterest and You Tube).
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience of, using DCM (both trafficking and reporting) and other digital ad servers (Sizmek also useful)
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix & Comscore
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed useful. Knowledge of how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.