Paid Social Account Executive
Job Title: Paid Social Account Executive
“I have worked at Mindshare for 2 years and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Unilever is a great client to work for, there are many challenges but also a lot of fun to be had. This is a great first step into the industry with a lovely, intelligent team to work alongside with.”
“I have been working at Mindshare for almost a year, and I have learned so much about the media industry during that time. Mindshare is the perfect place to learn, evolve and express your full potential, and Unilever is a very interesting client to work with, with daily challenges and opportunities.”
Understanding people is at the heart of our business, that means we make the audience our number 1 client. This is how we discover meaningful insights and deliver real business growth for brands
The best way to introduce ourselves? Let’s tell you about the three values that make us Mindshare:
Learn quickly. Act immediately. Again and again.
- We’re experts in media, yet we constantly challenge our knowledge.
- We question ourselves every day, always testing and adapting our thinking.
- Change is always welcome, because standing still is not an option.
Be challenging. Always express a point of view.
- We value curiosity and passion as much as we do knowledge.
- Only by asking “how” or “why” do we learn, stimulate debate and form more powerful opinions.
- This is our creative approach to media. It drives innovation and allows us to do things differently.
Be generous. We’re in this together.
- We’re at our most powerful when we work together - with colleagues, clients, our media partners - and, of course, with the audience.
- This constant collaboration creates diverse perspectives and generates fresh, innovative ideas. The best example? Huddle - our annual event bringing together the brightest minds in the industry.
These values help us do the best work of our careers.
Sounds like somewhere you could flourish? Get in touch - and let’s invent the future of media together.
In this role you will learn the value of Social Media and how as a channel it answers the needs of businesses today, whether it be sales objectives or launching a new product.
The role offers scope for growth as the Unilever account utilises Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube on a daily basis.
The AE role will be working with an AM on roughly 20 brands. They will be expected to ensure that all social campaigns are set up across the various different social platforms and ensure that they are reconciled in full. Having an analytical mind will be useful as you will be taught how to pull out insights and trends in the activity to help evolve future campaigns. You will have regular meetings with the social platforms to ensure you have
the most up to date knowledge, whilst working on Unilever we are lucky enough to have our own designated reps who keep you ahead of the curve. Within a few months you will be exposed to clients and create presentations which you will present. You will be speaking to clients day in day out as well as media owners. Although there is a lot of hard work involved there is also a lot of fun, we regularly get taken out to celebrate award wins, great work and also because its Thursday.
3 best things about job:
- The people/team you work with our fun, knowledgeable and encouraging
- Exposure to over 50 of the best known brands and the ability to genuinely influence campaigns for the better
- The learning curve is sharp but you will be at the very peak of the curve of the most innovative paid social campaigns in the industry
About the Team
We have a truly great social team. We are true to our name in that we love spending time with one another!
The Social team’s focus is being champions of the impact that paid social can have on businesses.
The social team is part of the Exchange Team which is the media buying department of Mindshare. It’s a great place to learn not only Paid Social but other digital channels as well as offline (TV, Print, Radio, OOH).
- Active participation in internal & external meetings
- Support account managers in day-to-day operations of the account
- Deliver weekly reports with the support of the account managers
- Analyse campaign results to deliver insights and learnings
- Track and monitor performance across paid social campaigns
- Become confident in how to set up paid social campaigns
- Understand clients core-business KPI’s
- Achieve Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School and YouTube video certification
- Ensure exceptional finance measurement
- Build relationships with your team, the creative agency, client’s, and media owners
What we’re looking for in you:
- Organised and detail-orientated
- Not put off by numbers
- Team player
Your life until now
If you’re someone who has always been eager to learn and likes to learn how things work – you like to look under the bonnet, then you’ll enjoy the realm of paid social. You give your all and jump in feet first, are ambitious and want to try new things; pushing boundaries and yourself. You’re comfortable with numbers and Excel.
You are comfortable standing up and presenting in front of people. Keen to ask questions when you’re unsure and enjoy working as part of a team.
How to apply
Please apply online via this advertisement and send us your CV and a covering letter. Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship.
If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.