Learning Experience Specialist
Learning Experience Specialist
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility for the Learning System Specialist will be to ensure the smooth implementation of an IC Skills Learning Management System, working directly with the Chief HR Officer, EMEA.
This role will see you liaising with various stakeholders, including IT, HR, Learning & Development (L&D) and internal and external suppliers/providers, to ensure the LMS implementation is completed on time, and with minor disruption. You’ll be the primary eLearning expert within the region, so will be the go to person for any technical Learning Management System queries, ensuring that issues are systematically worked through.
You will be responsible for Designing & Developing appropriate and engaging learner experiences and digital learning content using best practice design and production, utilising content authoring tools. You will work closely with our platform (LMS) provider to effect functionality and user experience. You will evangelise and promote the platform, curate content and upskill other L&D Champions across the markets and setting up design controls and procedures, so that they can be self-sufficient.
You will support the LMS and will include materials design, learning evaluation techniques, and the creative use of multimedia and other technology-based learning tools.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with stakeholders, subject matter experts and colleagues to select, curate, repurpose and overlay learning design principles upon an existing range of learning assets for the platform.
- Utilise best practice design principles (e.g. ADDIE) to ensure learning objectives are harnessed and prioritised with an array of content such as PowerPoints, PDFs, Documents, Videos etc
Create, repurpose and enhance learning assets utilising up to date authoring software (e.g. Rise, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate)
Work closely with stakeholder groups (Marketing and communications, technology and individual business units and regions) to drive platform engagement and enhance user learning experience.
- Operate as expert user and system sponsor on the LMS. Pioneer and develop the use of webinars, Skype and tele/audio conferencing, and set up discussion groups as a learning resource. Positively promote the eLearning platform and the culture change to digitalisation learning regionally, such as apps, social media groups and support to special interest forums.
Collaborate with our internal IT and HR systems teams to build an LMS accessible to 3000+ employees across the region, configured according to established processes and standards. Engage with Subject Matter Experts to design and build eLearning content that addresses our core business requirements, now and as it evolves.
- Partner with the wider stakeholder groups including the HR function to develop an online Onboarding and Induction experience. Engage managers in eLearning activity that will support them, and their teams continued development.
- Integrate 3rd party online learning solutions already in place to create ‘one learning world’ for employees to participate in.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- You will be a confident and positive communicator with the ability to effectively influence others at all levels. You will have strong organisational skills, eLearning project experience, be self-motivated with the drive and enthusiasm to inspire and effectively engage others. You will be IT literate with advanced proficiency skills in all Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with LMS functionality and design of the customer experience using this LMS is highly desired.
The successful candidate will be technically minded, having a good working knowledge of Learning Management Systems and be able to liaise and interact with suppliers and stakeholders at various levels. Technically, an understanding of HTML5 is preferred, and you’ll need to be comfortable meeting with SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) and developing eLearning content using authoring tools (preferably Articulate, Captivate and/or Lectora) whilst also understanding Instructional Design principles, and Learning Theories.
A competitive reward package will be based upon the appointed individual.
GroupM is the division containing WPP’s global media agencies; MindShare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and mSix. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
Group also comprises a number of specialist media businesses including Xaxis, Motion Content, Gain Theory and Kinetic amongst others.
GroupM is the world leading and largest media planning and buying organisation managing almost a third of global media placement.
GroupM seeks to maximise the performance of its agencies on behalf of their clients and our people by operating as a scaled and consolidated entity and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as media investment, content, performance media, finance and commercial management, people management., proprietary tool development, data and technology and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM equips the agencies with the tools they need to win, thrive, grow and to delight clients.
Our primary purpose is to harness intelligence and imagination to create, integrate and scale breakthrough ideas that help businesses leap forward.
We seek to innovate, differentiate and create sustained marketing and media value for marketers around the world.
Our vision is to be responsible for shaping the next era of media where advertising works better for people.
For more information on GroupM, our agencies and WPP please visit www.groupm.com
This role reports into Chief HR Officer, EMEA.
GroupM is an equal opportunities employer
5th Floor, 40 Strand, London, WC2N 5RW
Telephone +44 (0) 20 7896 4700
Registered Number: 3425312
VAT Registration Number: GB 723 0276 65
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.