SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE:
The role of the Finance Analyst will be a key member of the EMEA Finance team supporting the regional Financial Controller and Finance Director to ensure accurate reporting from the EMEA region. This role will be responsible for partnering with a number of EMEA markets to aid in the completion and review for monthly, forecast and Budget reporting cycles. There is plenty of opportunity for development for the right person. The ideal candidate would be a proactive, hardworking individual looking for a challenge in the next step of your career.
GroupM consist of a number of agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom and Wavemaker media investment groups, as well as specialist agencies including Xaxis, Essence and mPlatform. GroupM experiences significant growth, both organically and through acquisitions, and is a fast paced and complex business - amplified by the volume of reporting units (circa 350 across GroupM EMEA) and the number of requests for analysis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for a number of EMEA markets, completing the following functions:
- Partnering with the local country finance function, gaining in-depth knowledge of country issues and developing strong relationships;
- Analyse monthly/budget/forecast results, preparing commentary for senior global and regional stakeholders.
- Ensure integrity of the monthly/forecast/budget figures.
- Ensure integrity of the balance sheet.
- Experience in Trial balance analysis.
- Detailed review of trading revenue results, and provide commentary on variances to budget/forecast/prior year.
- Provide training in consolidation software and accounting advice to local finance teams.
- Provide support to the Senior Regional Personnel.
- Keep the Senior Regional Personnel updated on all matters of significance – key aspect ‘no surprises’.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Part Qualified accountant - ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Ability to identify and solve accounting issues.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience with consolidation software advantageous (e.g. SAP BFC or Hyperion HFM).
- Foreign languages a distinct advantage though not essential.
- An outgoing, tenacious (non-aggressive) personality.
You will have a hands on, pro-active approach, with the ability to do the role with minimal supervision.
A competitive reward package will be based upon the appointed individual.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
This role reports into the Financial Controller
For further information or to apply please contact: Edwynn.firstname.lastname@example.org
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.