Commercial and HR Analyst
Commercial and HR Analyst, EMEA
GroupM is the parent company to WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and other GroupM Specialists. Our primary purpose is to maximise the performance of the agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, talent, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring competitive advantage to our clients and our companies. For more information on GroupM, our agencies and WPP please visit www.groupm.com
This role reports to Chief HR Officer with a dotted line into the CFO, GroupM EMEA.
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE:
The Commercial and HR Analyst role is a very unique and interesting opportunity working across and supporting the development of people metrics and total reward strategy for EMEA in partnership with the Finance, HR management and leadership team of the organisation.
This will involve interacting with Finance, HR and Management representatives across the region to refine incentive schemes, compensation and benefits programs and streamline new hire and severance processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing EMEA bi-annual pay rise pools and allocations across Markets & Agencies
- Manage the yearly STIP process with the Agencies, GroupM EMEA and Worldwide
- Maintain Executive Benefits database to assist EMEA HR Director
- Work with the Finance and HR to develop a remuneration strategy comprising compensation, benefits and non-financial reward for the company, in line with the Company’s remuneration philosophy and methodology
- Update and maintain the remuneration policies and present new proposals as required
- Implement the organisation’s reward strategy in line with corporate strategy so its compensation and benefits outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with the organisation’s desired internal and external market position.
- Manage the severance requests with the Agencies and GroupM EMEA working alongside HR to ensure requests are managed to GroupM Global for approval
- Oversee New Hires System – Maintenance, rebuilds, setting up users, ad hoc training, approving, querying, rejecting and deleting requests
- Manage the new hire approval process with the Agencies, GroupM EMEA and Worldwide
- Active engagement with GroupM CFOs to run a monthly hiring process to circulate data and ensure priorities are captured
- Pro-active management of data – speaking to GroupM CFOs and key markets on priorities and strategies
- Firm but fair approach to dealing with process and queries
- Confident and mature to deal with the matrix management
- Conduct and/or participate in market analysis and remuneration benchmarking
- Identify market trends, monitor competitiveness, model cost implications, and recommend innovative and effective solutions
- Administer market analysis, job evaluation and pay benchmarking to ensure that staff are rewarded fairly and equitably
- Work with HR to develop programs and services to assist management with retention of key employees
- Monitor, track and investigate reward management issues/trends and proactively propose appropriate value added improvements/innovations
- Maintain employee compensation in the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Benefit Systems
- Assisting Commercial Director, Trading Directors and Managing Director with market trading income analysis, services and products’ price setting and benchmark analysis
- Production of monthly trading dashboard analysis and providing strategic support
- Assisting global/regional/country pitches and procurement bids
- Assisting the GroupM EMEA CFO with the performance analysis from previous years along with projected positions to create fair and achievable targets production; monitoring regional/local performance.
Communication and Capacity Building
- Maintain a knowledge and understanding of competitive compensation in the industry
- Educate managers in the Company’s compensation and benefits philosophy to enable them to effectively manage the compensation at a team and individual level and in turn communicate the company’s philosophy to their staff
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The role will require drive and independence, as they will often be working with minimal supervision and will be required to instigate new initiatives
- Strong communication skills are essential, building relationships with a diverse range of people at all levels of the business. Need to be able to balance between resilience and support
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to offer insight into business performance
- An ability to manage multiple projects and reporting lines simultaneously
- Financially literate to understand metric driven approval process
- Excel and systems savvy to manage data process
- Be the “bridge” between Finance, HR, IT and the agencies
Proven experience in Compensation & Benefits or a qualified or part qualified accountant is desirable and ideally with specific focus in a matrix organisation.
The incumbent should possess the ability to identify cost structures and financial impact as well as prepare and support business cases for review and approval at senior management and corporate level is also desired.
A competitive reward package will be based upon the appointed individual.
GroupM is an equal opportunities employer.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.