Platform Manager - PPC
In 2018 GroupM merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Job Title: Platform Manager - PPC
We are looking for a passionate PPC Platform Manager who has strong experience in the performance space.
The PPC Platform Manager will be responsible for translating digital strategy into action plans to deliver best in market, data-driven and effective PPC campaigns. You will work closely with the PPC Director & Executive to ensure the team is focused on the numbers, and that gold standard account set-up and optimization is happening at all times.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to work across variety of PPC campaigns – focusing on demand-led activity across B2C & B2B sectors. These campaigns will cover breadth of disciplines including major product launches & tactical campaigns.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day account management, working with the Platform Director on the response to briefs, strategy, and planning, while effectively delivering best-in-class results. It is important that this person can build solid relationships with the clients as well as the team and Wavemaker colleagues.
The PPC Platform Manager will be supported by an Platform Executive, and will work closely with them, helping to lead their ongoing personal development.
What are some attributes that would be suited for this role?
- Keen interest in PPC and Digital industry
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
- Proactive desire to learn
Ideal Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Help lead the client in their understanding of optimal PPC planning principles and methods.
- You will work with your PPC Director and Digital Business Director to produce and at times present strategy and rationales, media plans, projections, and results to clients
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment.
- You will be responsible for liaising with the appropriate clients with regards to: search performance, optimisation plans, testing schedules, competitor analysis and industry news
- Working with the Digital Director you will present – as appropriate – at monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Deliver excellence in client service – including:
- Quality control over all work produced by PPC Executive.
- Ensuring all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively.
- Responding to all client briefs and requests in a timely, professional, and efficient manner.
- Use Wavemaker tools to drive forward new channel suggestions and performance orientated recommendations.
- Demonstrate an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings.
- Help to further client understanding of PPC media planning and implementation
- Lead and line manage PPC Platform Executive, ensuring they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to the clients’ PPC strategy
- Responsible for the training and development of your executive with support from your Specialist Lead
- Ensure all members of the team are adequately qualified: Google Adwords, Bing, DoubleClick Search
- Set objectives for your PPC Platform Executive, reviewing and providing feedback regularly
CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT & PERFORMANCE
- Quality control check and take full ownership of the output of your Executive/s
- Ensure every brief you receive has a clear set of measurable outcomes and that all parties (client, client teams and your specialist team) are agreed on these outcomes / KPI’s
- You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding any agreed targets
- You will work with the Platform Director and Executive to ensure every account has an insight driven clear and achievable 30/60/90 day optimisation schedule. It will be imperative that the client is aware of this plan and the outcomes it will deliver
- Each week you will review, with your specialist team, performance against targets and adjust optimisation activities accordingly
- Every month and quarter you will work with your executive and the Platform Director to review and amend the 30/60/90 day optimisation schedules for your clients which will deliver quantifiable outcomes
- You will regularly work with heads of Search to ensure your teams’ activity is audited regularly and is best in class
- You will need to have an excellent working knowledge of industry tools and systems (e.g. DFA, Google Adwords, Marin) and must ensure that your executives are using them correctly to monitor performance and conduct daily checks to confirm budget pacing is as planned and that activity is serving correctly
- You should attend and contribute to weekly client team status meetings and monthly specialist team meetings
- You will need to manage the delivery of weekly/fortnightly/monthly reports and ensure that they contain insightful commentary on performance, key optimisations and recommended next steps
- Develop strong relationships with relevant platform reps and other service providers at an appropriate level – particularly Google & Bing.
- Work with your team and Head of PPC to produce case studies each quarter which will be shared with clients, Wavemaker internal teams and may be published within trade press.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Advanced excel skills. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
- A solid background in paid search is essential, with extensive activation experience being at the core of this.
- You will be confident in developing PPC strategies with scale and budget across Google & Bing.
- Google Shopping experience highly beneficial
- Proficient use of search technology & bid management tools. Such as DoubleClick Search, Marin, Kenshoo, etc
- Google & Bing certification qualified
- High level of numeracy
- Relevant / transferable client management experience
- Good understanding of:
- Best in class planning principles and methods
- Analytical methods and tools
- Media research tools and techniques
- Key performance media channels
- Workflow management and prioritisation.
- Sound financial awareness, including processes and budget control.
We are an equal opportunities employer
All GroupM agencies are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender identity, disability, culture/religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.