FAST Account Director, Dyson
Job title: FAST Director
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Reports to: Partner
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength. We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
The FAST Director role is a senior role that required to develop best in class global/regional digital marketing and media solutions for your clients. You must be digitally ahead, connected, diplomatic, pro-active, and solution-oriented.
- Build & establish strong relationships with the client, creative partners as well as internally, across the world wide specialist teams and the local mindshare.
- Forge and maintain relationships with key strategic media partners to ensure that we are fully embracing new media, technology and data opportunities as they emerge.
- Proactively identify business development opportunities and contribute to ideas that will unlock more value for both MS and the client business.
- Understand the client’s business and the digital landscape to deliver insight led communications advice, strategies and high level plans to clients
- Make continuous strategic and activation recommendations based on media owner’s opportunities and innovations and work with the various specialists and/or local teams to ensure effective implementation.
- Central project co-ordinator and communicator of all digital projects to local markets and digital specialists across the MS network
- Deliver best in class digital media planning and buying for globally executed campaigns
- Aid FAST Lead to translate digital strategy and roadmaps into ambitious executional digital solutions and targets for the operations team, local markets and clients
Key Skills and Experience
- Digital all-rounder with proven experience and strong understanding of multiple digital media channels (online display, social, paid search, SEO, programmatic, etc.) as well as a passionate following of new/emerging channels & technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, being able to confidently and clearly present work to clients, media owners and internal stakeholders. Experience & gravitas to ‘fly solo’ & present to mid to senior weight clients.
- Hands on knowledge tools such as TGI & Google Analytics, search trends, ad servers (e.g. doubleclick), social analytics (eg. Crimson Hexagon), data visualisation & analysis tools.
- High level numeracy and analysis skills, to be able to interrogate data and coming out with actionable insights to inform business decisions.
- Team management and ability to communicate/share/develop digital planning and buying experience amongst other team members.
- Must be proficient in German language.
Key performance indicators
- Feedback from client teams and local market
- Ensure the teams deliver excellence in idea creation, digital infrastructure and execution across digital / data assignments
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.