Account Director, Business Consulting
Position: Account Director, Business Consulting
Group: Mindshare Worldwide
Reporting to Business Director
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
We are looking for an Account Director to join the Business Consulting team at Mindshare. The role requires someone who is highly analytical, able to understand and evaluate complex problems and, with the Business Director/Partner, provide sound recommendations to clients. Experience of influencing clients and managing internal stakeholders as well as strong commercial acumen would be beneficial.
The role will provide the candidate with an opportunity to apply their marketing consulting skills across a wide range of clients and markets, focusing on helping our clients maximize their marketing outcomes. The work is varied and challenging and can include areas such as market sizing, budget setting and allocation, forecasting, optimal pricing and promotion, targeting, segmentation and optimal media deployment, including digital media. Hence, the focus is on solving real business problems for the CEO, supporting global senior C-suite level decision makers and clients’ business planning rather than simply communications plan development.
- Work alongside a Business Director/Partner to translate clients’ questions and problems into a plan of action
- Liaise with our clients to gather required information/data and better understand their business questions
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Direct and train analysts and junior consultants
- Develop solid recommendations and reports to be presented to clients, alongside Business Director/Partner
- Build strong and efficient working relationships with internal teams
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Highly numerate with excellent problem solving skills
- Able to cope calmly in a fast-paced, client demand driven environment and manage multiple workstreams at the same time
- Able to filter and adapt the different options and apply good judgment combined with hard facts to select the approaches which will produce the best results
- An excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Methodical, logical and thorough with an extreme attention to detail
- Commercially aware with good business acumen
- A team player
Experience and Skills Required:
- Significant experience in consulting or analytics environments
- Experience within marketing preferred
- Degree in Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics (or similar)
- Advanced level of Excel (knowledge of VBA preferred)
- Good understanding of statistics and preferably econometrics
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.