Planning Executive, Nike
Job title: Account Executive, Planning
Client: Nike, Amsterdam
Categories: All Categories
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Role Purpose & Responsibility:
The Mindshare Nike team in Amsterdam is responsible for Nike’s media output across EMEA markets.
This Nike role is incredibly creative. As the media team, we impact the idea far more than you see on other clients. We do all of it for Nike: planning, buying, production – and we have a distinctive view on what constitutes “Nike media” and the future of communications.
What you’ll be doing
As a Planning Executive, you’ll be instrumental in supporting the Nike planning team at Mindshare to create + manage Nike campaigns across EMEA.
A Unique Team & Client:
The Nike EMEA team at Mindshare is collaborative like no other. We are an extension of Nike’s own Integrated Media team, in daily communication with a range of clients and often working from the Nike European campus at Hilversum.
We are a passionate and closely-knit group who are committed to helping each other thrive – we want to work with people who can bring vibrant personalities to the group.
Qualities we aim for in the team:
- Knowing what’s out there (and what’s coming): Good knowledge of key channels, platforms and media owners across EMEA.
- A passion for sports: All sports are welcome at Nike – if you have a body, you are an athlete. For this role, a passion and knowledge of a range of sports is ideal.
- Tenacious & energetic: you have an eye for detail along with a desire to do great work (and help others do the same)
- Culturally curious: Know what’s in, what’s out and what’s next. Be able to make observations on behaviour and provide POV for Nike. Fluency in a second language is a bonus.
- A head for digital: the key to the future is having a grasp of data + analytics (the science to go along with the art!)
You will be a self-starter who is eager to work and learn within a dynamic unit. You’re a team player who is able to manage their time effectively across a number of projects.
Ideally you will have some experience in a similar agency role or have spent considerable time in a related internship.
But rules are there to be broken and the right person will be smart, driven and excited by the challenge of working with the world’s #1 sports brand. If you think that might be you, we want to hear from you.
We work with a fast-moving client, so you need to be comfortable with that. We work in a sports environment; its unpredictable and dramatic, and incredibly fun. So, you need to enjoy an adrenalin rush every now and then.
- Media Plan Management
- Collating Excel media plans across all channels, uploading plans to Nike’s Plan Management System and ensuring they are kept up-to-date
- Campaign Activation
- Manage production sheets, ensuring that Mindshare, Nike and all agency partners keep them up-to-date
- Helping to plan + manage production video calls with all of the above
- PO and Budget management – ensure that all incoming POs are logged and tracked accurately, support Planning Directors to make sure media plans are in line with allocated budgets
- Reporting + Campaign Wrap Ups
- Collate reporting figures from a variety of internal and external sources, support the Planning Directors in creating visual reporting outputs for Nike Media
- Local Market + Global Co-ordination
- Liaise with local Mindshare teams in UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain across all elements of campaign creation and management
- Work alongside Planning Directors to keep Mindshare Portland team up-to-date with EMEA media activity