Programmatic Performance Business Director
Job title: Programmatic Performance Business Director
Group: Mindshare WW
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
The Programmatic Performance Business Director has direct responsibility for the programmatic campaign output of the Mindshare WW Performance Team. You will carry responsibility for the day-to-day activation and management of programmatic campaigns. The successful candidate will manage a variety of performance and brand campaigns, extracting the highest value possible from our platforms whilst delivering against customer campaign, and moreover, business objectives. This role requires a high degree of programmatic activation knowledge, team management, strong customer focus, excellent standards of communication, insights analysis and multi-tasking.
The Programmatic Performance Business Director reports to the Head of Programmatic.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative to manage and coordinate a team of activation specialists delivering campaigns across programmatic platforms. You will be expected to champion the Mindshare WW best practice approach to delivering campaigns, multi market strategy coordination and communication. You will lead by example, creating an environment where all members of the team have an opportunity to fulfil their potential and deliver exceptional work for our clients.
About the Role:
- Management of activation team tasked with delivering successful performance campaign results.
- Partner with Programmatic Planning Lead to understand client performance objectives.
- Create framework of success through deploying tactics and strategies that will ultimately meet or beat client performance objectives.
- Own campaign management and delivery process end-to-end, ensuring contractual obligations are met.
- Oversee ongoing optimisations to ensure campaigns remain on course to deliver desired outcomes.
- Highlight what is working well and identify what could be improved through tactical tweaks to maximise performance.
- Provide mid and post campaign customer service encompassing reporting, analysis, insights, and recommendations based on customer needs.
- Identify opportunities to inform the client of new Mindshare performance solutions that will help deliver improved results.
- Develop and maintain excellent stakeholder relations, acting as the main point of contact for activation.
- Become initial point of contact for troubleshooting, resolving tier 1 issues and escalating tier 2 issues to the appropriate internal contact.
- Be the expert in Mindshare WW’s programmatic booking and delivery systems.
- Foster a collaborative and positive team environment, facilitate best practise sharing and development throughout the team.
- Develop team members through regular feedback and structured personal plans.
- Maintain an interesting, progressive, productive and collaborative working atmosphere.
- Manage allocation of tasks throughout the team, keep track of workload and identify areas of workflow efficiency.
- Be responsible for project managing and driving through key business initiatives to ensure maximum efficiency e.g. improving business processes.
- Work with client teams to identify opportunities with existing and potential clients. Assisting with RFPs where appropriate.
- Strong understanding of the programmatic landscape, key players and platforms.
- Solid experience working with DSPs and end-to-end management of successful campaigns.
- Previous experience in a client facing role in a fast-paced environment with frequent pressure to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven track record in report extraction & analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven track record of developing senior relationships at agencies
- Advanced level Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.