Global Account Lead
Global Account Lead – Sony PlayStation
Role based in London or New York
Firstly, 2020 is a huge year for PlayStation, with the launch of the PlayStation 5! You will oversee the successful launch of the console around the world.
SONY is a top 10 global MediaCom client with billings of over $400M and a team of 400 people worldwide.
PlayStation (SIE) is the jewel in the crown for SONY which this year re-launched themselves as a Creative Entertainment Company. Exciting times lie ahead!
In the past the competitive set for PlayStation mainly focused on Xbox & Nintendo. Today, the battle for consumer attention in gaming expands to Apple, Netflix, Google and of course mobile. Whilst these companies all share different journeys to where they are today, moving forward they are all architecting very similar business models focused on 1) Hardware penetration 2) Software experiences 3) Cloud based services that monetise existing customers whilst PlayStation remains one of the most iconic brands in the world today, the brand cannot rest on its legacy to drive global growth in the future.
Working out of the New York office you will be responsible for the total global relationship with a US based global team of 15-20 people focused on Strategy, Platform Solutions, Investment, Technology, Operations & Analytics. Additionally, you will be responsible for how this team works in sync with the two Global Hubs: LA/NYC & London.
The central Global team will be focused on business unit leadership, the development of communication strategy and media plan guidance for key Global campaigns across the Hardware, Software, Store & Services Verticals.
The Hub teams will be primarily focused on the execution of the Global Team Strategy, Local Market Creativity, Compliance of Global Data Processes & Reporting accuracy.
This way of working is new to the client organization, and to the existing MediaCom account team. As such, you must have a proven record in establishing operational excellence & installing strong integration between teams in market, and across geographies.
The client Vertical Leads, and Global Head of Media, will be split between San Mateo, CA & London. As such, travel will be necessary.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Own the relationship with your client
- Oversee the launch of the PlayStation 5 in 2020.
- Build a deep understanding of your client’s business, the Electronics, Entertainment & Gaming categories
- Codify consistent approaches to tackle persistent business problems
- Build and deliver a media and communication solution that delivers against your clients KPIs : Brand & E-Commerce
- Connect with the right stakeholders both internally and externally to provide a fully connected communication solution
- Advanced knowledge in processes required to maintain the highest degree of data accuracy across multiple markets
- Build and foster a client brand team spirit across all markets, sharing knowledge, client vision and KPIs
- Collaborate across all local markets ensuring quality product and service delivery
- Increase organic revenue growth by identify services that can unlock client business growth
- Be passionate about the Electronics, Entertainment and Gaming Sector
- Have a challenger mindset
- Be Globally orientated
- Be fluent with marketing principles, evidence based planning , digital media, technology & advanced analytics
- Have a strong pedigree in performance marketing / ecommerce
- Have broad cross-channel media knowledge
- Be experienced in and passionate about the Electronics, Gaming, & Store/Services sector
- Have the gravitas and credibility to influence senior clients
- Be a visionary but pragmatic thinker
- Be able to communicate ideas with people who are more strategic orientated, as well as those more engineering orientated
- Have proven and demonstrable skills in growing account profitability and relationships
- Be energetic, determined and proactive with strong communication/presentation skills
- Be a Generalist that can connect specialist disciplines
- Make the complicated simple
- Thrive in motivating a team of diverse personalities & skills
- Be Kind & Curious
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently. But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.