Account Manager, Invention
Job title: Account Manager, Invention
Clients: Booking.com, Volvo, Unilever
Reports to: Head of Invention
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Purpose of the Role
To develop and execute inventive and effective media plans.
To identify and evaluate innovative activations, including content partnerships, sponsorships, brand partnerships, influencers and product integrations.
To enhance the planning capability of the Invention WW team.
To support the dual objectives of the Invention WW team:
- Drive incremental revenue through new project fees.
- Add invention, innovation and creativity to the marketing and media outputs of our clients.
Reporting structure and role within the team:
The Invention WW team is a specialist team which has a remit to support all of Mindshare’s global clients. Our work is funded through a combination of retained FTEs and project fees. We are a well-rounded team who have the capability to create strategies, ideas and plans, develop measurement frameworks, and manage the execution of campaigns. We often work closely with other teams in Mindshare WW, including the client account team, strategists, audience specialists and trading. Often we have direct client relationships.
The team currently consists of ten people and the Account Manager will report to a Business Director and ultimately to the Partner/Head of Invention.
The team has a relatively fluid structure which means that the team get the opportunity to work with a variety of other team members, on a range of clients and on different types of projects.
It is likely that most of this role will be focused on Booking.com, Volvo and Unilever.
Principal skills and accountabilities:
- Demonstrate a creative spirit, a hunger to challenge convention and a drive to find new and better ways of doing things
- Have a point of view and express it clearly and succinctly
- Research and analyze audience data for insights and planning, and campaign performance data
- Help to develop a strategic point of view and proposed direction
- Idea development and creativity
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations from potential media and content partners
- Be culturally aware and curious
- Help to brief and manage production and media partners
- Media planning with an emphasis on digital and in particular integrating paid, owned and earned, as well as being able to plan holistically across all channels.
- Understanding the client’s business – being brand literate is essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- To absorb information and make data-driven recommendations based on the information at hand.
- Demonstrate a pleasant and open demeanor at all times.
- Personal qualities – organized and convincingly intelligent.
Key skills & knowledge:
- High quality written and verbal communication
- A good balance of creative and logical thinking
- A keen interest in brands, media and marketing.
- An international outlook and experience working on international media campaigns (i.e. not just UK) is important.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.