International - Senior Planner Buyer - Dell CSB
Senior Media Planner/Buyer
Department / Team
Business and Technology, EMEA
Media Manager / Senior Planner Buyer
MediaCom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, and others. Within these companies we have the largest digital operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The Client - Dell CSB
MediaCom runs the Dell account globally, with our HQ in NY and client teams covering all regions, EMEA, APAC, LATAM and NA. It is a top 3 account for MediaCom globally and as such is prestigious and well-regarded internally.
We provide end-to-end services for Dell, from strategy to planning to buying across all media, plus content strategy, partnership execution and a great deal of performance analysis. This is a truly integrated account.
Dell is split into two businesses, Dell EMC (large corporate IT solutions) and Dell CSB (Consumer, Gaming (Inc Alienware) and Small Business laptops and solutions).
This role is for Dell CSB EMEA (Germany, France, and Sweden)
Dell CSB target three audience groups; Digital Affluent Families (tech savvy, medium/high income families looking for the best technology), Gamers (hardcore or occasional) and Small Businesses IT decision makers.
Each audience requires insight into customer behaviour, strong strategic development and broad media solutions.
We are the Dell CSB EMEA Planning team. We plan the media campaigns for Dell Consumer, Small Business, Gaming and Alienware.
The team is comprised of a Business Director, Associate Director, Media Manager, Senior Planner/Buyer, Planner/buyer and two Media Executives. We are the client facing team who also handle the digital display planning for our client. We coordinate with the Social, Search, Affiliates and local offline Mediacom teams to deliver cross-channel media campaigns.
The Senior Planner/Buyer is responsible for day-to-day planning and activation of campaigns, managing the output and development of Planner/Buyer and Media Executives.
The Planner/Buyer will:
- Work with Media Manager to translate strategy and comms plan into media selection.
- Analyse available data to forecast future performance.
- Select and meet media owners to discuss the brief and generate relevant and innovative ideas.
- Work with media owners and ensure responses are on time, and to brief.
- Lead negotiation of media pricing.
- Create media plans within planning templates and manage booking upon client approval.
- Manage operational execution in appropriate systems e.g. Conversant and Doubleverify.
- Manage team Media Executive regarding liaison with Ad Ops and Analytics teams around tracking requirements for new campaigns.
- Oversee the monitoring and optimisation of day-to-day performance of live campaigns.
- Lead the production of competitive analysis, audience profiling and market trends.
- Take the lead role in calls and meetings with clients and publishers discussing performance and future strategies
- Collaborate with specialist teams to ensure they meet deadlines and produce actionable insight during weekly results calls.
- Provide Planner Buyer with guidance on MediaCom and Dell internal processes.
- Manage the career development of the Planner/Buyer and execs within the team.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- Strong experience in planning and buying media.
- Passion for media and hunger to learn more.
- Very numerate and analytical.
- Team player and winning can-do attitude.
- Interest in the technology industry.
- Demonstrate a good competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- High attention to detail.
- Efficient working style; able to handle multiple projects at once and effectively manage own time and the priorities of others.
- Technically minded yet service-industry-suited with the potential to develop into client leadership roles.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with excellent written and verbal English language skills/grammar.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom.*
More About Working for MediaCom: People First, Better Results
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.
The MediaCom network comprises of 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands our clients, including P&G, Dell, DLG, and Coca-Cola.
Despite our growth over the years we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of our work: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship, Bravery and Loving our Clients.
We have our very own on-site bar, an events programme including BBQs and drinks on the rooftop terrace, sports and social clubs, a range of staff discounts and on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
Want to know more? Follow us on twitter @MediaComUK and find out more about our award winning work here: http://www.mediacom.co.uk/en/results.aspx
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.