Account Director, BP
Job title: Account Director, BP
Group: Client Leadership
Reports to: Partner
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A get your hands dirty, media role. Working side by side with the team’s strategy lead and senior clients, at an Oil and Energy Company, on the development and roll out of their global digital transformation. You’ll be expected to work with discipline specialists to develop a strategy that is right for our client and then work with local market teams to implement that strategy through local tactics. There is an element of local market coordination and leadership, requiring travel from time to time. This travel would need you to meet with local media teams, creative agencies and clients to run/participate in planning workshops and agree implementation locally.
You’ll also be expected to lead and share in all brand safety account responsibilities, as well as become a go to person on the team for how best to use and implement existing & new marketing technologies. Working with specialists to help the team and clients better understand what marketing technology partners might have to offer.
What does success look like?
Internal Success: Process, structure, order of operations of working with markets and proactive delivery of media opportunities.
External Success: Ability to deliver on clients’ needs for digital transformation across local markets and helping the team to become the center of excellence for Marketing Technology.
- Lead local market coordination on integrated planning and their digital transformation.
- Lead training of new marketing tools and techniques as they pertain to the digital transformation. Including client specific trainings
- Develop recommendations for how the client’s business would benefit from adding or using marketing technology to improve plans and buying results.
- Work with agency specialists on the evaluation of new marketing technology partners.
- Continue to build on existing brand safety guidelines.
- Lead local market execution of brand safety guidelines.
- Work with Media Strategy Planning Business Director to lead client training best practice development, sharing of case studies and award submissions with markets.
- Work with Media Strategy Planning Business Director to lead planning workshops with markets on the execution of new technology in planning.
- Lead discipline specialists (i.e. programmatic buying head) in the development of strategies and cases for implementation.
- Work with Media Strategy Planning Business Director on the development of toolkits for planning and writing of strategies.
- Lead partnerships with marketing technology suppliers the clients already use or should be using.
- Writing of POVs of existing or new marketing technology partners.
- Develop a working relationship across media agencies Mindshare, GroupM and Neo.
- Day to day contact with global clients on projects.
- Occasional travel, going to markets to lead and assist clients with working with local Mindshare teams on plan delivery.
- Work as a team with creative agency partners on transformation.
- Introduction of new media opportunities.
- Extensive experience within an agency holding roles of digital media planning/buying/performance analysis.
- Proven ability to interpret a brief and create effective delivery outcomes
- Experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- UK market planning and buying experience. (EU Regional management experience a plus)
- Ability to have a strategic conversation and understand the implementation realities within media.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to identify and resolve problems within the available platforms.
- Ability to lead a workshop/planning session if needed on media plan development, KPI setting, brainstorming or media owner negotiations.
- Understands the importance of data and measurement, can interpret learnings from data,
- Client communication capabilities.
- Not afraid to be accountable, make decisions and take leadership responsibility.
- Strong written, presentation and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables with team and client to ensure smooth delivery.
- Responds to changing workloads and priorities with flexible approach.
- Capable of working autonomously, able to oversee the accounts daily needs.
- Organized, Accurate and reliable administration, with high attention to detail – ensuring financial accountability.
- Positive, can do attitude.
This candidate will report to the WPP Team Energy Media Business Lead and Media Strategy Planning Business Director.
What is Team Energy?
Team Energy is a WPP, full service, solution for BP and Castrol globally. What does agency agnostic mean, it means that BP and Castrol have the opportunity to work with any WPP creative agency they see fit for purpose based on the brief issued. Meaning this model is project based and teams can change across business units or individual projects. Within this model Mindshare and GroupM act as the spine, pulling all the work together across all business units. Globally Mindshare and GroupM buy all traditional/digital media, this allows the media agency to be an integral part of the strategic process with the client. Placing media at the heart of everything BP & Castrol do.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.