Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last eighteen months to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams and the impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences, and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand. We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth. Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike Sky, BT and Virgin with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. This is reflected in our campaigns which feature a real ‘TalkTalk family’ – showcasing ‘real people/ real lives’.
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Media Client Lead for our biggest UK client Talk Talk. The Client Lead is responsible for driving the m/SIX relationship and is also the key media planning lead on the accounts, reporting into a Chief Client Partner. There is a huge opportunity to help formulate long-term strategy as well as executing award winning campaigns across these ambitious, customer focused brands. The role requires someone who is able to set the agenda for clients and provide leadership and direction.
Talk Talk are interested in driving brand fame but also ensuring their media strategies continue to fuel growth and keep the business running via cost effective always-on acquisition campaigns. They have an ambition of being digital first businesses so it is key we are developing smart strategies that utilise their customer data and our access to the latest media technology to drive competitive advantage.
We are looking for someone with a strong digital performance background with a rounded view of brand strategy and excellent client service skills.
As member of the agency leadership team, the client Lead will be a mentor and coach for their direct team and the wider agency, ensuring they are developing, are motivated and inspiring people to reach their potential.
We need someone who has a can do attitude, and if our team mates need support also doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty and leading by example. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a real leadership role with our clients and within the agency.
- To develop and maintain overall client relationships - daily contact with Brand and Product Marketing Directors
- Manage and drive overall team performance to ensure client sales and agency revenue targets are met
- Work with client procurement teams to ensure contracts are in place and m/SIX requirements are delivered
- To oversee financial management of the account and produce trustworthy financial forecasting
- Manage team resource to ensure SLA are honoured and bonus PRFs are achieved
- Create and manage key planning outputs and lead monthly and quarterly planning meetings
- Working with our strategy teams to develop media strategy and present to senior clients
- Lead brand and above-the-line planning and execution
- Be a coach and mentor to your teammates and make this a great team to be part of
- Proactively identify and deliver new revenue growth opportunities across your accounts whilst delivering on multiple BAU projects
- Lead new business responses when necessary
Who are you?
- A leader who can inspire your team
- Commercially focused with a proven track record of hitting revenue targets
- Someone who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty in order to get the job done
- A confident self-starter who can proactively manage their clients
- A problem solver who can identify potential issues before they arise
- A compelling story teller and deck writer
- Comfortable presenting at Marketing Director Level
- A great all-rounder - we are looking for someone who can create exciting campaigns that get people talking about your clients brands and m/SIX, but also equally confident in tackling questions on media efficiency
Where is the role based?
As Talk Talk move their operations up to the North-West we are very excited to be moving alongside them. This role will be co-located in the client’s new headquarters Soapworks, a multifaceted destination hub on Greater Manchester’s Waterfront. Working in such close proximity with the client will enable us to work in smarter, more nimble ways to deliver the most innovative data-driven work. We envision that this move to the north-west will just be the start for m/SIX making their mark on the Manchester market and we are therefore looking for someone who can also help us grow our northern footprint.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.