Digital Manager - TED
Digital Manager TED @Mediacom
Overview of job
We are looking for a competent and confident Digital Manager to lead our specialised digital team looking after a few high-profile clients in our Theatrical and Entertainment Division of Mediacom (TED).
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Associate Director.
3 best things about the job
- Working with fun & diverse brands, with an appetite for innovation and award-winning work and consolidating your expertise through diverse work and high-level client exposure
- Being a part of our young and sociable, much sought-after department, which prides itself in an open culture, but also in great agility and delivering strong results for our clients
- Working for a company that values individuals and is leading the market with regards to employees’ welfare
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Gained a good understanding our team and agency, how your role fits into the team, the tools and tech stack we employ on the account, what processes we must follow
- Gained an understanding of our wider GroupM resources and products and are able to talk confidently about them in front of clients
- Gained a good understanding of our client’s business, including the role digital plays in the economy of their ATL ecosystem and their specific requirements for digital
In six months, you would have:
- Taken a lead on digital planning, campaign management/ optimisation, reporting and any ad-hoc requests across your brands for all digital display and paid social
- Taken a lead on managing the members of the team reporting into you
- Become familiar with our clients’ connected digital subchannel and able to work alongside the specialist teams to develop coordinated responses
- Taken a lead on keeping the clients up to date with the latest developments in digital and challenge them to keep expanding their digital footprint
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained the trust of and become the first point of call for Digital for the client and internal teams, taking responsibility for the output of your team
- Actively and effectively be managing clients, campaigns and teams alike
- Gained the ability to drive revenue for your clients through spotting new opportunities for each brand
- Gained a thorough understanding of our financial processes and taken a lead in resolving any PIQs and queries on the account
Responsibilities of the role
Digital specialist role:
- Lead the digital strategy and planning across your accounts/ brands: create/design clear digital strategies for the client portfolio, addressing the clients’ objectives and KPIs; own digital briefs and work with the Digital Associate Director to deliver/ coordinate flawless executional plans
- Take responsibility for the campaigns’ performance & optimisation, including managing regular campaign reporting weekly status with clients, preparing and coordinating ad-hoc reports, PCAs etc.
- Be responsible for knowing the market and always recommending the best solutions to your clients, a well as pushing tests and innovation
Clients and partners interaction:
- Develop a good understanding of the clients’ businesses and competitive set and actively lead Digital discussions with clients and internal teams
- Have responsibility of client interaction and the success of the relationship
- Proactively organise and present client and key internal stakeholders digital educational sessions; preparing, reviewing, re-purposing and delivering educational material for the benefits of your client base
- Keep internal and external stakeholders up o date with market developments and trends
- Build and maintain key relationships with priority and preferred media owners/ technology partners
- Be responsible for accurately and timely billing of our clients, by creating/ evolving/ promoting/ implementing correct work processes and taking responsibility for the individual team members’ adhering to them
- Know the clients’ contracts and identify and act upon growth opportunities in in mediating limitations
- Adequately support GroupM in their drive for innovation and in creating products and solutions for our clients
- Lead a digital display/ video/ paid social specialist team, manage their time and quality of the output and be responsible for their progression
- Lead by influence, but also through a sleeves rolled up attitude
What you will need:
Digital specialist experience:
- In-depth understanding of and experience with digital display, video and paid social channels; strong understanding of and experience with PPC, biddable media, programmatic; ability to strategise across all and coordinate the output of a multi-disciplinary digital team; experience with affiliates will bring an advantage
- An in-depth understanding of the Digital media landscape
- Strong understanding of the role of digital media plays within the wider marketing mix, its strategic importance throughout the customer journey and relative performance through the application of Econometrics
- You have a proven track record in delivering insights and recommendations that have improved campaign performance
- Deep knowledge and commitment to continued improvement in quality, brand safety and viewability across clients and dedication to stay at the forefront of developments in digital
- You have a successful track record of client handling, an ability to communicate effectively and build excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders alike
- You are a confident presenter and able to negotiate through influence
- Strong work ethics and ability to diffuse any tensions that naturally occur in the job
- You are commercially minded, understanding the practical delivery of services in line with client objectives, service level agreements and terms of business
- Are capable of financial accuracy, through the planning and buying process, and reconciliation of spends, including client terms and programmatic fees; be responsible for financial accountability on clients’ business
- The ability to manage, motivate and train individuals and teams, in line with business requirements, resource, and development needs
- To be responsible for the team’s development (their 360’s, and task & objectives), and to be tied in to their own objectives
- Highlight great team work, and client initiatives. Demonstrate examples of Digital best practice to the wider team, and contribute to department and wider agency PR and communications
- Strong project management skills and an efficient working style
- You excel at time management and can independently manage your workload and that of the team below you, and deliver on multiple simultaneous projects
- Have an ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
- To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.