Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager – Client Planning / Digital Planning – Birmingham
Location: A fantastic location at the heart of Birmingham on Colmore Row with stunning offices.
Salary: Happy to discuss salary and comprehensive benefits, please email email@example.com to arrange a confidential call.
MediaCom is looking for a brilliant Senior Account Manager to join the Client Planning department in our Birmingham Office. As an Senior Account Manager, you’ll be integral for strategy and execution at the heart of the planning team, helping to deliver excellent client service. Ideally you will have a strong digital background and be comfortable in an all areas of planning digital campaigns. You will be part of a dedicated and ambitious team, reporting into the Business Director.
Your role will include supporting the day to day running of client business at a senior level, as well as involvement in new business from brief to pitch. You’ll work alongside talented channel specialists to develop, implement, execute, and evaluate strategy across all channels.
We’re looking for a Senior Account Manager who will make the ordinary extraordinary. Someone with a strong combination of leadership, communication, organisation skills and a great imagination!
Flexibility and Balance
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life, and personal welfare.
Flexible working is a part of our culture and MediaCom North are proud to be an inclusive employer that can (and will!) offer flexibility in employment from the first day you join us as a member of our team. We recognise that our people want a lifestyle balance that truly reflects and accommodates the many demands of the modern-day world. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss options with anyone interested in becoming a ‘MediaCommer’ as we already have several initiatives in place with options incorporating flexibility from both an hours and location perspective.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
Best 3 things about the job
- An opportunity to work for the UKs largest media agency working with the best people, thinking and clients in the UK in a culture where we put People First
- The chance to work with some of the best brands and businesses in the UK across all categories with an amazing client list.
- You will work as part of a fantastic team and in a business that nurtures talent with the goal of progressing everyone.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom*
What you will need
- Experience working within an agency environment – ideally you’d be someone from a client service / planning background with strong digital understanding
- Exposure to all media channels, but specifically a strong working knowledge of paid digital media and search - the ability to talk about these channels at a senior level without specialist involvement
- An experience of interpreting data and understanding measurement systems
- An understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods, applications and limitations – and be able to suggest application
- Ability to manage and develop junior team members – supporting their skills development across the team
- Ability to identify and convert revenue opportunities alongside the BD
- An enthusiasm and passion for what you do
- Be able to interrogate a client brief – knowing how to challenge the client to understand what they really need
- Always be on the lookout for the new and the different
- Be able to set objectives for both clients business and members of the team
- Be an effective communicator – with clients and colleagues alike
- The ability to pull together specialists and people in a collaborative way to drive the best thinking and results for our clients
- A strong working knowledge relevant industry tools, systems and applications – such as TGI, Google Analytics, DoubleClick, Adwords and including Excel & Powerpoint
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.